New here :-( Question about bloating.

anteater

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm really sad to be joining you here and can hardly believe it's true.

I was rushed to hospital in severe pain in the early hours of Tuesday morning where I miscarried at 11 weeks (although it looks like the baby died between 8 and 9 weeks).

This was my first pregnancy and I am 35. Physically everything is going as well as can be expected and mentally I think I'm not doing too bad. Obviously I'm really upset and sporadically cry (anywhere, anytime:blush:) I am also scared that I will never conceive again or carry a baby to term.

I was very bloated with the pregnancy and I still am. I'm finding this quite distressing because I still look pregnant and none of my clothes fit (I am using safety pins to hold my jeans together). It was on my list of things to do, to buy new clothes that fit, but I don't want to do that now. How long will the bloating take to go?

I feel embarrassed to go out looking pregnant when I'm not. We are going out to dinner with my mother-in-law, brother-in-law and his girlfriend tomorrow night and I don't know what to wear because I don't want my stomach to show (silly the little things that are upsetting).

Wishing you all the best with getting the healthy, happy babies you long for.

Hiya, Anteater. I don't know what the deal will be on bloating, but I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you had such an abrupt mc. Seems really terrible, I'm so sorry. (I'm sort of the opposite, sitting here right now with early spotting having known one was coming for a week, since a scan told us)

Someone here is bound to be able to answer your question. Take care of yourself. :hugs:

It should go down fairly soon, within a couple of weeks. If you want to rush it along, be sure to drink a ton of water along with a healthy diet. Lots of the bloat will be from hormones, so it'll hang around for a bit longer. The crying is also lots of hormones, of course loosing a child is sad, but the messed up hormones bump that up to high volume like really bad pms I remember.

Just wanted to say that your not alone in your fears and worries. Many of us "older" mom's are in the same boat. After a sudden loss the realities of loosing are so much more real. I told my mom that I relate pregnancy to loss, not to a new life, only because that's what my experience has taught me. I have to retrain myself to change that attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->