• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here!!!

Chocciebutton

Reaction score
New to this site!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I have found this forum and find I dont feel so alone reading what everyone else is going through. I am nearly 39 and have a 14 year old son from a previous marriage. I also have a 5 year old son from my current marriage. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos ...an autoimmune disease 7 years ago just before I got married (2nd marriage). I was already under the endocrinologist at my local hospital who did some tests when I told him that I wanted to try for another baby and he said that the results showed that I was 'Infertile'...anyway to cut a long story short I was about to start fertility treatment and found out I was pregnant the day before my appoinment!!!!!
It was a shock and the doctor couldnt believe it and warned me that my body would not be able to sustain the pregnancy...well I gave birth 3 weeks early and to a 10LB baby! the doctor even took my son into a board meeting as they retested me after I gave birth and said that they couldnt understand how I had managed to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby.
I felt blessed....5 years have passed and I am now nearly 39 and its only now that my husband and I have decided to try again.... I feel my chances are very slim as 5 years have passed and I have also put on weight (dont know how much this makes a difference). I am on the correct dose of Thyroxine that I have to regularly take and have been TTC for 3 months. I am wondering if anyone else here has 'Hashimotos and is around my age TTC?
We now realise we should have tried earlier but just one of those things , also my husband has had cancer this year but the treatment shouldnt have affected his fertility...also one of the reasons we are now trying, as it makes you think about your life

Welcome to the board, I do NOT have this disease but I just found out that I have A clotting disorder, welcome to the board!
I didnt want you to think no one would replay *I* just dont know anything about it!!

Welcome to the board, I do NOT have this disease but I just found out that I have A clotting disorder, welcome to the board!
I didnt want you to think no one would replay *I* just dont know anything about it!!

Im 40 and was diagnosed with and underactive thyroid at the beginning of last year. I too am on thyroxine. I was not told i was infertile but rather it was most likely my mc's were due to me being un-diagnosed at the time.

I worry more about poor egg quality than anything else but im on this road for the long haul so come rain or shine i keep battling on! :)

Welcome and good luck!

Omi xxx

Hi thanks for the replies....I am doing the chart where you take your temperature first thing in the morning but my chart is all over the place...so I am now getting worried!

i dont temp Petal, but loads on here do and im sure if you post the question someone can help. Let me ask though, do you do an online chart such as www.mymonthlycycles.com as they do a free upgrade at the moment or www.fertilityfriend.com ?

There are a million things that can upset the temp too though, don't forget. Don't get worried just yet :)

Thanks Omi....I wasnt going to do the chart thing until I got a kit reduced in my local boots for £2.99.....thermometer and little file with journal in to record temps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->