New - Introduction and have some questions!

Lillismommy

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

I have been reading around a little bit and wanted to introduce myself and ask some questions for the experts to get their opinion! I'm 30 years old, married to my wonderful husband for 5 years and we have a 4 year old daughter.

With our daughter I got pregnant the very first month after we got married. We weren't really trying but we were not preventing and were okay with becoming pregnant if it happened. I never really used OPKs or charted or anything.

We have been preventing for four years now and I think we're about ready to have another one. I'm getting a little obsessed. :blush: This is our first month to not prevent and I have some questions. I am hoping you ladies can help me!

I have an average of a 30 day cycle. It can be anywhere from 28 to 32 days. This is how this month has gone so far, LMP was January 12, 2011. On CD 9, 12 & 14 we had unprotected sex.

On CD 14 I went to the pharmacy to get some medicine for my daughter (she has been sick) and I decided to grab some OPKs. I went home and peed on one but nothing happened. I was like wtf? No control line, no test line, nothing. I didn't know what to do, so I dipped the test in the toilet. I sure did. :haha: I looked at the test 2 seconds after dipping it in the toilet and just set it in the cabinet because no way would I get anything from dipping it in the toilet, right?

CD 15 - tested, light line.
CD 16 (Today) - tested, even lighter line.

After I took the test today, I went back to look at the CD 14 and 15 test and saw that CD 14 is actually a dark line!

It won't let me post a picture of my OPKs since I have less than 10 posts. Crap! I will post them after I have 10 posts.

My questions are:

1. If I dipped it in the toilet, can the test be a false positive? I mean it detected a surge, right?

2. If I got a positive on CD 14, it is more than likely I ovulate by CD 15, right?

3. Doing the deed on CD 12 & 14 should be a good cover of days for ovulating on CD 15?

My CM has been

CD 14 - wet
CD 15 - ewcm
CD 16

Based on this, would it make sense that I ovulated yesterday?

OMG, I just told you guys my life story! Thanks for any and all input! :cloud9:

I think CD14 was your surge, meaning ov around CD15 which would explain the ewcm :)

I am not seeing where I can edit the post, but I just realized that I missed this...

CD 16 CM is creamy.

Sorry, I don't know anything about OPKs, but you made me laugh. so. hard. dipping the thing in the toilet. hahahahah that just made my day. :)

I think CD14 was your surge, meaning ov around CD15 which would explain the ewcm :)

I guess I keep thinking that since I dipped it in the toilet, I totally screwed up the test! :dohh: But it wouldn't detect a surge if there wasn't one, right?

Sorry, I don't know anything about OPKs, but you made me laugh. so. hard. dipping the thing in the toilet. hahahahah that just made my day. :)

Seriously, I was like WTF do I do with this test? Dipping it in the toilet seemed like such a wise choice at the time.

:laugh2:

I would say the one u dipped in the toilet is invalid due to evap lines and generaly you dont read them after the stated time. I think maybe the first test was a test failure due to either too little or too much urine , as you say nothign appeared atall.

However if the lines are faint now i would say maybe you are nearign OV and test again in a day and keep having :sex: just to cover urself.

Im prety new to OPKS too so i may be wrong and if i am please someone correct me
bestof luck xx

I have totally dipped a pregnancy test in the toilet before because I accidentally knocked my pot of pee in :dohh: I feel your pain.

I do think it could possibly detect your surge if it fell in. I don't know why else it would be positive!

Welcome to the board!

To be honest with you, I wouldn't trust the one you threw in the loo - excess water can cause the dye to run which is why they say not to dip the test in higher than the little mark. I don't know what brand you use, but the ones I use always go darker 24 hours after I've used them too. You're also not supposed to drink for an hour or two before taking them - I think a toilet full of water would dilute it as much as a few glasses of water and it'd be unlikely to detect a real surge

That's not to say you didn't ovulate you may well have done and I hope you did lots of BDing :)

Okay see, I didn't know you could have evap lines on OPKs. Learn something new every single day!

Still, I think if it was an evap line, it wouldn't have showed up a dark blue line, right? Or hell, I could be wrong. I don't know what the hell i'm doing! :haha:

I used the Clear Blue Easy one. As soon as I get 10 posts, I'll post a picture.

Okay here are the three together

https://xaa.xanga.com/51af912732033274630672/m218915427.jpg

And a better picture of CD 14

https://xdc.xanga.com/3a2f832036732274630935/b218915653.jpg

Im only going on when i did one of my OPKS it was a clear NOTHING in the test box compared to one of mine that went positive realy dark n straight away... i kept the one that was a negative and when i chekd it the next day there was a aslight line so i think any test left longer than the stated time limit cant really be trusted.

I realy think you should do another OPK and keep bedding. :D

Lillismommy you are seriously cracking me up!!!

Ok, OPK's have to have 2 lines - of course the control line, and the test line has to be as dark or darker in intensity than the control line for it to be considered positive. Most tests are only valid up to 10 minutes so, because the lines definitely can get darker after a while, like someone said about evap lines.

Are you using the Digtal Clearblue, with the smiley face?

Thanks for all the input and opinions! :cloud9:

I just went back and looked at the OPKs and the one from today does look darker than it did this morning, so maybe the one on the 14 isn't really a positive.

I'll test again tonight and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->