New job next week (nervous)

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
Hi all

I am back on broadband now (whoohooh)

Amelia is now nearly one and a half and I am finally going back to work. I have been putting it off really as I have got lazy hehe. I cant put it off anymore as my other half works for M&B n we have been given a pub to manage as of monday. I am not going in until wednesday as I cant get anyone to have Amelia on monday and I am havin my hair done on tuesday (great start huh?! typical woman lol). I am only gonna be doing 24 hours a week unless needed to work more but I will be classed as LANDLADY (cool huh?!). The pub we are going in is about 20 mins away from our house but it has its own accomodation. When we are on lates we can stay there n in the end (once liveable) it can be our second home. I am really nervous as its been so long since I worked. I used to be assistant manager of the pub in butlins skeggie so I know what I am talkin about (in theory) but since having Amelia my memory has gone a bit crazy. Maybe its through not using my brain for so long hehe. I am hoping that it all goes well but as I say, I am shitting myself. My mum is gonna look after Amelia when required so I am gonna have to arrange my shifts around when she is at work. Also a few people have commented about Amelia being brought up in a pub environment (cuz obviously she is gonna be stayin upstairs with us in the future n spending some time there too). I didnt really think about it till they said. Now I am worried that its wrong. But others do it. Its not a big deal, is it?! I may also put her into a nursery for one afternoon a week as I think it will benefit her a lot. She will enjoy it as she loves other kids. I just have so much going round in my head, I dunno if I am coming or going. Anyway, wish us luck. :headspin::blush::wacko::happydance:

What M&B?

My OH would like to get back into managing pubs (he use to) I'm clueless and he thinks I'll drink all the profits :lol:

Great to have braodband back I'm sure :shock: Hateful!

Good luck going back to work :D

thanks wobs, m&b (mitchells and butlers) SIZZLING PUB COMPANY hehe

Good luck with going back to work .. sure you will be fine!

Ohhhhh Goodluck hunni!!!

I myself go back this week! Everything will be fine

xxx

Good luck with the new job!
Dont worry about what others say about bringing amelia up in a pub enviroment. One of my school friends was brought up in a pub and she was fine :D

thanks you :p
am supposed to be going in tonight to "show my face". AM SOOO NERVOUS! stupid aint I!

:hugs: Best of Luck hun. Hope it all works out for you.

Went in, just for a nosey n to see the accom upstairs etc.. met a few of the team. hmmm! god help us! Its a dump! Very badly organised. We r gonna have to train them all up from scratch n show them how 'we' want things to be cuz at the min its a shambles. They have a team leader (who seems as thick as two short planks - sorry to judge).. seriously though, she has had 2 complaints sent to head office within the last 2 months... she is rude, dizzy, a total pain in the arse basically. They have all been able to get away with murder. As for the accomodation, its a shit hole. I would never wanna live there as it is. Its gonna take a good year to sort the pub out so that it is running a bit more smoothly. We have a lot of work to do!! Just hope we can do it! XX

Good luck hun im sure your gonna do a great job!!

Sack all the crap and start with "all New" lol

xxx

am in sat n sun.. great! my first proper shift on a busy weekend. Nothin like jumpin in at the deep end ay?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->