New to all this! Need help.

babynovice

Reaction score
Hello!

I am 34 & my husband & I were TTC for 6 months & now it has happened! We're 6 weeks along & delighted but let me tell you I had no idea what this would involve. My body has gone haywire - I'm completely unconscious for about 10 or 11 hours a night, I'm clinging to my husband demanding a constant supply of cuddles, :hugs:I'm feeling sick and tired. I am usually the most organised person - I work from home on tight schedules & deadlines, I'm involved in the community & all that! I usually plan things well in advance. But right now I'm not planning tomorrow because I'm completely unsure what's round the corner. Don't even get me started on food. I am usually an absolute health freak but now the thought of making meals literally pains me! Everything stinks & all my plans for perfectly healthy food are slipping away. Can anyone relate? I'm not telling my friends until the 3 month mark so feeling isolated & alone... Any thoughts? :thumbup:

All completely normal hun! Congratulations by the way :)

You'll quite possibly feel more yourself when you hit 12/13 weeks. It was like a switch for me first time around.

The feeling lethargic with no energy to do anything extra lasted my whole pregnancy last time. This time I have so much to do at work and I just can't be bothered which is so unlike me usually. I have a huuuge presentation to do next Friday and i am so relaxed about it is worrying. I still have loads to do for it and I'm just like "meh, whatever, yawn"

The food thing is a nightmare!! the smell of everything makes me feel so ill but i have to force myself to make my daughters breakfast/lunch/tea. ugggh it's a struggle! all i want to do is sleep x

I'm there with you! Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant after 3 tests:haha:

We're not telling people until the 12th week too so I'm glad I have these forums!!!

I am so excited but very nervous!!! Just want everything to go well!

Omg I really hope that's true! I'm quite shocked haha. Lying imbed as much as I can! So hard to keep it hidden when I'm having to stay in more...

The feeling lethargic with no energy to do anything extra lasted my whole pregnancy last time. This time I have so much to do at work and I just can't be bothered which is so unlike me usually. I have a huuuge presentation to do next Friday and i am so relaxed about it is worrying. I still have loads to do for it and I'm just like "meh, whatever, yawn"

I know! I'm usually so full of energy but I'm trying to improve it with a bit of exercise but it's hard!!

I'm there with you! Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant after 3 tests:haha:

We're not telling people until the 12th week too so I'm glad I have these forums!!!

I am so excited but very nervous!!! Just want everything to go well!

Congratulations!!! Is it your first? It is so exciting right? But also a lot to take in!!

The food thing is a nightmare!! the smell of everything makes me feel so ill but i have to force myself to make my daughters breakfast/lunch/tea. ugggh it's a struggle! all i want to do is sleep x

Oh wow I can not imagine what it's like looking after another little one at the same time! You're a hero! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->