New to b&b and wanted to say hi!

katealim

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I have only just found b&b and am currently expecting my 3rd lo. Although my youngest daughter, (who just turned 7 on Apr. 1st) was not born prem. she was born breech and went without oxygen for too long so I wanted to say hi. After her birth Kate spent 6 mo. in the NICU, (neonatal intensive care unit here in Canada) and was then sent to Alberta Childrens Hospital for another 2 mo. Kate suffered NEC, HIE stage 1 brain bleed, damage to her ocular nerve path and has had to have a g-tube. Kate was also born at 5 lbs. on the nose and our story along with many of her issues are very similar to some of yours. Kate was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when she was only 3 months old due to her lack of oxygen at birth. Having been through this and made it relatively sanely thru to the other side with her being now 7 I thought I may be able to offer some support or advice to those of you just entering the world of extensive hosp. stays and concern for the future. Glad to meet you all and hope you don't mind me sharing my story in this forum when she wasn't a prem. baby. :flower:

Hi & welcome.

Sounds like your daughter had a rough ride but am glad to hear you have all came through the other side. Good luck in your pregnancy.

Xx

Hi there,

You must be very proud of your little girl. It sounds like she's had a tough time and I'm sure you will be a help to preemie mummies with what you've been through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->