New to B&B

DBZ34

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to B&B. Someone over on Fertility Friend mentioned the board and I thought I'd come over and see what it was all about.

I'm actually kind of excited to find that there's a NTNP board here. I was feeling like I wasn't really in the same place as some of the other people on FF, in that I'm charting so that I can become aware of what my body is up to and figure out my cycles, but I'm not actively trying to conceive. Or rather, the DH isn't and I'm just making sure we BD around the right times. I've promised the DH that I won't take temps or become obsessed about when we BD, but I find, that the more my friends and acquaintances fall pregnant and give birth, the more I want to start doing more. Two acquaintances gave birth in the past three days and two of my friends announced in the past two weeks. I'm stuck in a place where I'm extremely happy for them and I want to join them, but I also don't want to hear about it because I haven't yet.

This is our second month of NTNP. On our anniversary, the DH and I were walking down the street together and he turned to me and said, "I think a baby would be a nice anniversary gift next year." Which completely stunned me because up until that point, he was very reluctant to even put a date on when he wanted to start trying. Then, to further blow my mind, he set the date for when he wanted to start "trying", which is next year September. If we get pregnant before then, that's great, but we agreed I wouldn't buy any OPKs or take temps until then. We'll see if I hold out until next September. :winkwink: Though, if nothing happens by then, I might go straight to medical intervention, since it would be over a year of TTC, even if we're not actively trying.

So yeah, that's me. I'm currently on CD25. I figured out that I ovulate around CD22-24, which seems so late, but my cycle is still only 29 days. So I'm waiting to see if AF will visit me this month...

I guess I'm looking for support and maybe a cycle buddy or two to share in my craziness. :laugh2:

Actually, after looking at my chart again, it looks like I have been ovulating around CD20-22, but this month, I've just started feeling my O-pain last night/this morning. I wonder if this means my cycle is going to be longer this month than it was before. It still seems late for O though. Is there a chance it could be something else other than O-pain? Maybe I should look into finding a way to move things up if I don't get any good results in the next couple of months.

:hi: ! I'm new(ish) too, I've definitely been creeping the boards for a while before I signed up lol

Just wanted to welcome you onto here! :flower: My cycles are a bit shorter than yours (avg 25 days) though but I'd love to be here for support! :)

:dust: for that :bfp: !

Welcome!!! I am also new(ish) as well, when I first joind we were WTT, then suprisingly enough my DH decided that we would NTNP, and now he is full blown out... wanting another baby! :) it is so exciting!!!! Hope we all get our BFP soon!!!

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I appreciate the offer of support!

I was thinking that what I was feeling was ov-pain, but now it's turned into AF-like cramps that come and go. I'm hoping AF hasn't decided to come really early, but I realized my cousin came fore a visit and she could have pulled me off my nice, regular cycle. Boo.

I hope you both get you BFPs soon! I'm holding out hope until AF rears her ugly head. :)

And I'm pretty sure she's here. Ugh. Well, on the bright side, AF now means another chance in August for O and maybe a BFP in September...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->