New to BnB and WTT advice needed tho

A

AngelWings21

Hi everyone! :hi: I am new to this site but I am in the WTT catergory as well seeing as that my bf is incarcerated at the moment. Umm, I have a couple of questions but 1st let me give some background. I am 21yrs old (will be 22 this summer) I have a 5 yr old son from a previous relationship and he has a 4 yr old daughter from a previous relationship.I feel like I have BEEN ready for baby #2 but in 2009 I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) this has caused a lot of weight gain that I am desperately trying to lose and irregular periods (last one before previous was 5 months ago) My bf and I have been together for 3 almost 4 yrs and feel that we are ready for a child together. I started on birth control (Ortho MicroNor or Camila) in Feb. of this yr hoping it would regulate my cycle. So far no cycle yet but I am not finish with the pack yet so we'll see. Anyways, my ?'s are: What are some good tips for losing weight?, How soon should I stop taking my birth control pills before TTC?, AND Have u ladies EVER heard of taking Geritol *a vitamin* to help u get pregnant? If so did it work and how soon after starting it did it work? I KNOW this post was/is long but thanks for reading and commenting anyways

Hey :) I don't think I'll be much use on the question front but here goes nothing! :p
For losing weight join a group like Slimming World/some other weight loss meetings, or there's a couple of weight loss threads on here too. That way you've got motivation and support whenever you need it. Also, something like Slimming World has a very structured diet, you know what you can and can't have and there are no grey areas. It's just eat decent food, and exercise more. I don't think crazy diets work :p Also, I know Slimming World has an option for after you've finished dieting, when you want just maintain the weight you're at rather than lose any more.
Sorry, my ex's whole family and my mum were on that diet and I practically lived off it too (though I didn't try to lose weight). It was really good and tasted scrummy :)

We're not TTC for a few years yet so I don't really know about the pill thing, but I'd probably stop taking it about 6 months before to get to know my cycle and allow my body to get back in to it's groove lol. But mine are fairly regular, and with PCOS I don't know how long to suggest :/ There are some PCOS threads on here as well, it might be an idea to pop over and ask them :)

No help on the vitamin I'm afraid, but as with the PCOS you might be able to find another thread or forum that could help you? Though I'm sure some of the ladies here would know too :)

Good luck and enjoy your time here in WTT! xx

hey welcome to bnb :)

searched geritol and got this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geritol
is that what you meant?

as for the losing weight and pcos, im afraid im not much help but there are so many support threads on here, and you're definitely not alone :) im not dieting myself but through looking at peoples photos and stories etc the cambridge diet seems to be pretty good :)

i havent heard of the bcp you mentioned im afraid. id suggest doing some research, search some threads and see when people came off the same one as you. for eg, after reading a lot of bad info about cerazette i realised how good it that i came off so early prior to ttc... (9 months off and still no regular cycles!! :s)

xxxx

Thank you ladies for your warm welcome and for the help with my questions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->