new to charting. temp dip on cd 5?

glitterbaby88

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So this is my first time temping and i really don't know what im doing lol.. so i started temping from cd 3 (af started in the afternoon so wasn't able to temp from cd 1 as i wasn't expected it and i forgot cd 2) so, cd 3, 4 and 5 which is today temps were 97.57, 97.70 and then 97.05.. what does this mean.. i was reading up on this on the internet and came across "estrogen surge" is this what it is? i would be happy to post my chart doe u to get a better image but I'm not sure how to do that.. I'm using fertility friend so if anyone could help me with that I'd appreciate it!
TIA!

The idea of temping isn't to look at each individual temperature, but rather the bigger picture. Your temps will go up and down throughout the cycle & you'll drive yourself mad agonising over particular numbers! Trust me, I've been there! You could be one of the unfortunate people who have erratic temps, myself included.. or you could have slept with your mouth open, had a restless night etc. One low temp could be the result of anything! Keep charting and see what happens. Really the temps are only good for one thing & thats to confirm ovulation. Anything before or after that is only speculation & no one can say for sure what the temps mean individually.

Ok thanks! Like i said im new to this and not exacrlt sure what im doing.. another question.. today i had a horrible nights sleep.. constantly waking up and tossing and turning in bed.. i didnt take my temp today cause i heard u should have atleast 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which i didnt. Should i still should've taken my temp?

I think you're right not to take it, it would be so inaccurate that it would just drive you mad! I've taken my temp in similar situations before, out of habit mostly & the number has either been way too high or way too low :( FX you get a better night's sleep tonight! xx

Thanks charmed! Had a much better night today but when i woke up i turned on my side to pick up my thermometer hoping this didnt effect my temp! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->