New to fluff, advice please!

pinkclaire

Mummy to two under 2
Reaction score
OK I need some advice. I'm probably going to use the all in one type nappys (I think thats right!) like the bumgenius flips and I'm not sure how you wash the poo. Sorry I'm a bit slow!

Hes breastfed, so still having quite running poops, do I try rinsing it off first? or buy one of these disposible liners to put in? Soak it? Ah I have no idea lol.

Also do you have to wash at 60 to zap the germs, or can you wash at a lower more eco temp, and how much washing powder do I use and what washing powder?

See I'm getting in a jumble lol

Thanks in advance girls xx

flips are a 2 parter nappy a waterproof layer and an absorbant insert, nice and easy to use and easy to wash

I drypail ( as do most of the cloth mummys i know ) i have one child with BF wet runny poo too and use disposable liners and what gets caught gets flushed with the liner the rest goes in the nappy bucket ( not the wrap unless its soiled )and the wrap gets left to air inside out over the edge of the bathtub till next nappy change lol
currently im washing at 60with a prewash for my prefolds as they are cotton but you can wash at 40, the sun gets out any stains that the wash doesnt i find but heavily soiled nappys get a rinse in cold water and sprayed with my own make up of napisan and water ( just the insert not the wrap ) before going in the bucket lol

I wash them with Nappisan ( you can get it at most supermarkets in the baby section ) and half a tablet of fairy non bio, some of the nappisan goes in the prewash some in the main wash with the fairy. if i do get a really bad stain that doesnt come out i will use some ecover laundry bleach on it

Leo is exclusively BF at the moment, so all the runny poop goes thru the machine. I dry pail until wash day which is every other day :thumbup:

However I will be weaning soon so not sure how I will deal with that poo yet :haha:

Sorry I should And i use bold 2 in 1 and about a quarter of the usual amount.

I do a cold rinse first then a wash at 60 followed by another cold rinse. Any stains get dealt with by putting them in the sun (if we get any lol)

Ekkk, whats dry pail mean? (sorry!)

Thanks for your replies ladies! xx

dry pail - dirty nappies go into a bucket without any soaking solution at the bottom.

the rinse wash rinse method is pretty much all we did when the poos were runny.

now Q is weaning we use fleece liners and his poos are formed well enough to just fall off the liner into the loo. if there is residue left i rub the fleece liner together and it works away easily.

This may sound silly- but can you use vanish spray to remove stains on the liners?! x

its best not to use vanish spray or anything with "oxi action" you can however use a vanish bar

disposable liners are good claire, you can make your own fleece liners for runny poos....go and get a fleece blanket (pet ones seem to be cheap...or baby fleece blankets) and cut them up to suitable size, and use!

Disposable liners were still good when abs' poops were runny...they caught majority of mess....I use these ones...they are the least papery out of the ones iv tried https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_5_556.html

I rinse/wash/rinse too....if the load isnt particularly soiled I just go straight to 60 wash and rinse after....

I think a 40 would maybe not be enought if you've got lots of runny poo!

Thanks everyone! Sorry for my silly questions I really want to make this work but have sooo many questions!

NP- its like a bar of soap but made by vanish lol. I have always found plain white cheap soap to be brilliant for getting stains out xx

claire thats what this section is for! Ask away my dear....

no question is too 'silly'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"