new to opk testing need help ladies

foxykins

tcc no.4
Reaction score
hi,

im back and tcc again :) im on cd12 of 28 cycle and i tested on cd 10 and it was positive! so the question is should i be bding for 5 days? im not too sure so all advice welcome :) good look ladies..:)

Hello Foxy....I am the same as you. I am due to ovulate on Saturday...going by the ov calculator. So I guess if you got a positive you should be BD'ing every or every other day until next Monday/Tuesday or until you get a negative opk. Im not 100% sure how it all works though I fell pregnant with my first whilst on the pill and this is my 1st month ttc.
Lots of babydust for you :) xx

its all so confusing lol i mean ovulate calendar says im not ovulating yet or shouldnt be but i tested on cd 10 and it was vert positive by the later evening the next day it was neg and has been since so im slightly confused tho it is the first time ive actually tested like this and im hoping im not going to have to do it so long its driving me bonkers already!:happydance: :dust: x

Until you get your high temps you should bd!

I have a question on this.

So if you get a +opk then you should ovulate 12-36 hours later, correct? And the egg will only be valid for about 24 hours. If you get a +opk today and BD for the next 5 days, aren't you missing a few fertile days? Wouldn't it be better to watch the opk line and track your temperature and start BD'ing 3 days before a +opk and then continue for another 2-3 days after?

Perhaps I'm over thinking this... :rofl:

You should start bd before a pos opk. Opks and temps establish a pattern that pinpoint when you usually ovulate and it is helpful info for your next cycle, helps with planning bd. One must continue bd while getting pos opks, until they get a negative one. By the time you get a neg opks you have ovulated, so the chances of conception are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->