New to OPKs - This is negative, isn't it?

T

TashaAndBump

I've been having really bad, sharp, stabbing pains in my "ovary" area (I don't know why I thought it was my ovaries... it just felt like it was). So as I have had some other symptoms such as nausea and unexplained bleeding, I thought I would test to see if it was ovulation symptoms.

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF5036.jpg
https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF5037.jpg
https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF5038.jpg

But this is negative isn't it? Could I have ovulated in the last few days or be about to ovulate? Or is this what an OPK could look like any time of the month?

Thanks!! xx

It could like that anytime, and yes it's negative :)

Negative imo

Keep testing tho, good luck :) xx

TnB, there are plenty of women who never get a very strong positive. The only way to know for sure is to keep the same sort of ICs from the same provider and test every month on the week around the ovulation twice a day so keep testing and you'll figure it out.

Getting no lines at all now so reckon something was going on when I got this one :shrug: Or do all negatives look different? Thanks x

Hi, all woman have a certain amount of lh (the hormone that the opk picks up) in their bodies, it surges 12-36hours prior to ovulation giving up some notice before the eggy drops. Most woman will always have 2 lines on the test (so confusing i know!) but when the 2 lines look the same or the test line is darker then you have yourself a positive. Sometimes you'll have a gradual increase on the lead up to the postive it'll get darker and darker, i'd test twice a day so you don't miss your surge 10am and 8pm are good times also I'd recommend charting your temps and cm then when you get an indication you can confirm with your opk's! It's a tough business i know but so worth it. Wishing you all the best x

Hi there it could be on its way. I started using these first time last month and I got a line like that then every day after it gradually got darker.

Tasha thats the tests i use and i get no line at all through the month but around Ov lastmonth i got a line like that! and on tuesday i got a pretty faint line too i dunnnooo tho :)

That was the strongest line I got :confused: Either that is positive for me or I did not ovulate. I am breastfeeding, though so the latter is very plausible. :shrug: Will keep testing this cycle - on CD5 now so going to start testing again in 4 days until I get a positive... wonder if I will OV this month!

i dunno hun i didnt think i had ov but then i got a period 2 weeks later so im guessing i did! mine was pretty much exactly the same as that! i'll take one tomorrow n see what my lines like!

i dunno hun i didnt think i had ov but then i got a period 2 weeks later so im guessing i did! mine was pretty much exactly the same as that! i'll take one tomorrow n see what my lines like!

Are you breastfeeding? Good luck tomorrow - what CD are you on?

i'll be on CD 15 tomorrow, iv not long stoped breastfeeding last af was the first one since having charlie!

i'll be on CD 15 tomorrow, iv not long stoped breastfeeding last af was the first one since having charlie!

Oh you lucky thing getting 5 months off! lol Mine came back straight away despite the fact that Anna was pretty much permanently attatched to my breasts! :rofl: I thought you were supposed to start taking OV tests from CD10? I know my mum always ovulates on CD9! :shock: lol so we are all different :)

Unless I'm very close to ov time I don't get any line at all - sometimes I'll get fainter lines like yours either side of ovulation, so could be that you'd just ovulated before taking that test. Ovulation is usually 12-48 hours after a positive opk, so if you were getting symptoms and tested it's likely that you just the end of your LH surge.

Some people test a couple of times a day around the time of ovulation - I've had lines like that late morning and a much darker line later on in the day.

Looks promising though :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->