New to opks - what do you think?

Feanorous

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have used the CBFM for a few months but no luck so this month I am going all out by charting and using opk's as well.
I have never used them before but I know the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive.

Yesterday I tested in the morning at 7am, definitely wasn't as dark, then tested again at 6.30pm and it was very close but I wasn't convinced - i thought it would be very dark this morning but it wasn't.

CBFM was high yesterday (CD11) and peak today. But do you think it actually looks like the surge was yesterday around 6.30pm?
https://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6785/cd12u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3808/cd12cb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

i cant really see the lines but didnt want to r&r hope some oneelse can help :)

Thank You for the reply.
Can anyone else see the lines?
Maybe I should take some new photos when I get home..

I'd say CD11 pm looks near positive and since the morning after was lighter, I'd probably say your surge was on CD11 x

Thank you so much.
Luckily we bd'd last night :)
Better get on it tonight as well!!

They don't look positive to me hun.. sorry. Maybe soon?

Looks positive to me on the evening of CD11. Looks like the fertility monitor picked up the peak the next morning (CD12), so sounds like your timing is right on. Good luck!!!

I'd say CD11 pm looks near positive and since the morning after was lighter, I'd probably say your surge was on CD11 x

I agree. CD11 looks like a positive OPK to me, especially since it was building up the previous days and then got lighter the next day.

Thanks all! Really appreciate it.

I didn't think it was positive either, but I guess if the CBFM picked up the peak the next morning it must have been.

Am I right in thinking that not everyone gets a definite positive on opk's? Like it doesn't always go really dark?

x

Sometimes you just have to take the darkest YOU get as your positive, even though it's not technically positive. It's probably the darkest one you'll get without testing at exactly the right time.

Ya I'd say CD 11 was positive. I know they say they're not positive till they go darker or as dark as the control line, but mine have always looked like yours when they're positive. And I've tested my whole cycle to try it out, and I still get ovulation pains at that time, for some reason I just don't get dark tests. You should be good :)

CD 11 does look positive to me as well, putting O day on about CD 12, is that around normal time for you? Good luck!

Hi again

Just thought I would let you know that fertility friend has confirmed ovulation for CD 12 so looks like that opk on the evening of CD 11 was spot on. Very glad I tested in the evening also otherwise I would have missed it.
We have baby danced 4 times in the last 3 days so fingers crossed!

Good luck to all.

x

My tests never got really dark like yours haven't. I'd say CD11 too xx

Your tests look exactly like mine, they never get really dark and as AF arrived last night I started to worry that maybe I wasnt ovulating and thats why they wasnt showing u dark enough, so do I just take the darkest line I get as a positive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->