20130606_114134-1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20130606_115111.jpg
    20130606_115111.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 7
  • 20130606_114311.jpg
    20130606_114311.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 6
Hiya. The faint line you can see means negative. It needs to be as dark as the controls line on the right. Or darker to be positive. Keep testing twice a day if you have enough tests so you don't miss your surge. Hope that helps. Maybe a day or two and yours will go positive goodluck x

As OoOo said, negative. I test once a day then up to twice a day when I know I'm getting close to when I should be ovulating to make sure I catch my surge.

Good luck hunni!

XxX:kiss:

I'm also a first time OPKer and mine look a bit like that at the moment. I know it means negative, but does the fact there's a line at all mean that we're getting close to ovulation?

I have a line almost all of the time on mine. They will always pick up the LH hormone in your urine but when you have an LH surge (i.e. Ovulation), that's when the line gets as dark as or darker than the control line.

But yes, there will always be some sort of faint line on an OPK throughout your cycle as there is almost always some LH in your urine :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks louloubabs. That answers my question, as I wondered if it was possible that there'd be a faint line throughout the whole cycle. I only used my first OPK yesterday, so I'm not sure yet what to expect to see.

I was the same when I first started using them :) It all gets very confusing. Hehe.

Hi everyone :wave:,

I think I am new to this thread. So after reading some of your comments, I realize that:
- There will always be a faint test line on the OPK tests. I did not know that.
- The line gets darker the closer you get to ovulation. I was wondering if this was the case.
- The test is negative unless the test line is the same or darker than the control line. I knew this. :happydance:

So for the last couple of days, I have been testings twice per day and my test lines have been the exact same shade of pink, lighter than the control line and all the tests has been exactly the same results.

Yesterday I tested at different times to see if I received different results. I used FMU yesterday morning and I think the line was a little lighter than the other tests. Also I tested late, at 11:25 pm ish and noticed the test line got a tad bit darker. Still :bfn: but something different so I was happy about that. :happydance:

Now today, I went back to my normal routine and tested at 10:00am. I will also test at 8:00pm this evening.

Well after 4 minutes, the test line appear the exact same as the other lines. I left the test and came back to it about 25 minutes later and the line was darker. I said all of this to ask this question: Is the darker reading invalid because of time? :shrug: OR Am I imagining a darker line??? :dohh:

I have been keeping all of my test in a journal as you can see on my photos to make it easier to compare. The photos are below. The first one is the 4 minute read and the second one is the one from 25 minutes after the 4 minute read.

I'm interested in what you all think. Thank you and :dust: to all!!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Attachments

• CD13OPKTest4mins.jpg
    CD13OPKTest4mins.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 9
  • CD13OPKTestafter 5 minuts.jpg
    CD13OPKTestafter 5 minuts.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics