New to this and need help with body changes!

amarie892

Reaction score
Hello everybody!! So I am very new to the world of "trying to conceive" lol... So I am needing some help with changes in my body. I recently stopped taking birth control after being on it for years. I finished my last pack around the first of December. Then my period came around 4 days earlier than what it had normally came while on bc. It came on Monday Dec 22 and lasted all the way until Saturday/Sunday. Which is a lot longer than what is used to last. My husband and I had unprotected sex a week before my period and 2 days after it ended. (Wasn't trying to conceive, just spur of the moment) lol. But now approx 7 days after the day we had sex I am having some symptoms that my body hasn't really had before. My stomach is very bloated, with a intense feeling of fullness in the lower abdomen. And I am experiencing cramping. Almost feels like as if I am going to start my period. So my questions is what could this be? Am I ovulating? Because I have been on the pill for years so I am unsure what that may feel like. Or could it be implantation cramping? I am just very new to this and trying to figure out my body! So any feedback will be help! Thanks so much!! :thumbup:

I would doubt it is an implantation cramping. It occurs almost at the same time around your next period. However, it could be ovulation pain which normally occurs mid of your cycle. You could feel like uncomfortable pressure, twinges, sharp pain or cramps. You might observe brownish or pinkish spotting (not red) around the same time.

For your body, no norm can fit as you are coming off the BC pills just now and that too after being on them for so many years. So it could be just your body is getting adjusted to this new hormonal changes. If you are actively ttc, start tracking your ovulation using opk, charting bbt.

Thank you so much for your input! I am pretty sure that I am either ovulating or as you said it is my bodies way of getting used to being off the pills!

Yes coming off bc can do all kinds of weird things, your hormones might be imbalanced for a little while so you might get weird symptoms that happens to women whenever something weird and hormonal is happening, so they might feel like symptoms of pregnancy or period or puberty or whatever, but things will re-adjust and you'll have a nice pattern that you understand. You need to get to know your cycles and your body in it's natural state now you've stopped bc :)

That is exactly how I feel around and after ovulation hun. I had been on bc for 10 years and I'm still getting my head around my ever changing cycles 13 months later.
Maybe you could start doing opk's to get an idea of when you ovulate and then you can start to recognise your fertile symptoms :thumbup:

Thank you so much!! It's nice to know other people have went through this as well! Lol! I never knew it could be so painful to be a women! Hahahaha! I kept thinking what is my body doing!!!!!! :wacko: lol!!! But now I know! lol!! Hopefully my body will adjust soon!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->