New to this and struggling

I didn't mean to sound flippant about the hormones comment, what I meant was post birth hormones + babies in neonatal equals lots of tears and worry. :hugs:

I didn't mean to sound flippant about the hormones comment, what I meant was post birth hormones + babies in neonatal equals lots of tears and worry. :hugs:

No worries at all hun, I didn't take it that way!

Just thought I would give a little update. Thanks for all the supportive words everyone, they really have helped so much. Firstly here are a couple of recent photos of them both

max.jpg

hannah.jpg

They have improved so much, I can hardly believe it. Max was moved last week into Special care and is very very close to coming home - we are rooming in tomorrow which is very exciting.

Hannah has been moved to High Dependency and came off the CPAP 2 days ago which is amazing! She is currently on 0.01 of oxygen through the nasal prong so is doing really well. She's up to full feeds now as well, still hourly at the moment.

My day has been ruined today though. As I was leaving the hospital they suddenly tell me that Hannah is being moved to our local hospital tomorrow morning (in the corridor in passing....). They said that she would just be going in a car seat in a hospital car rather than in an incubator and in an ambulance. I'm really worried about this, she's only ever been out of the incubator for cuddles so to suddenly be plonked in a car seat and driven across London seems a huge step too far. Why is there ALWAYS something new to worry about. I'm supposed to be calm and excited about the possibility of Max coming home but that's been ruined now and I've spent the evening crying and worrying about Hannah. And now, if there are any set backs with Max tomorrow we are facing the possibility of having our babies in 2 different hospitals. Sorry, rant over but I just hate the way that these decisions are made without any regard for how they will affect the people involved - it's all about beds and funding, and also that when you voice concern you are ignored. She's my 3 week old baby, I'm blooming bond to be concerned about her being moved hospitals especially as I can't be there with her :growlmad:

Aaaw Rachel , so glad your babies are doing so well.. they are beautiful :)
Terrible though that they have made you worry so, but surely they wouldn't do it that way of they had any doubts... if you are too worried, try putting your foot down and demanding an incubator.
Big hugs to you xxxx :hugs:

If Hannah is on the oxygen pet, sure will be fine outside the incubator. My lil fella travelled across country in an ambulance and he got very sick after it, there's no resistance in an ambulance and he just bounced everywhere so a car seat is probably better. Still doesn't make it easier your two babies being in different hospitals. Hope Max will be home soon and Hannah soon after x

Raquel - glad to hear that they are both doing so well

And arent they lovely.
:hugs:

Hope that the transfer has gone well for you. How ridiculous that they will have them in two hospitals.

Hope it continues well for you all.

Mizze xx

If Hannah is on the oxygen pet, sure will be fine outside the incubator. My lil fella travelled across country in an ambulance and he got very sick after it, there's no resistance in an ambulance and he just bounced everywhere so a car seat is probably better. Still doesn't make it easier your two babies being in different hospitals. Hope Max will be home soon and Hannah soon after x

Thanks hun, I hadn't thought about Hannah bouncing around in an incubator - I remember when I went in one it was really hard to stay on the bed! She arrived there safely, I was there when she arrived which made me feel a lot better!

hey, just stopping by to say hi and hope everything has been going great for you guys since the 19th! they both are beautiful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->