New to this, could I be PG???

Zaiahsmommy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Newbie to forums and HPT (my last two pregnacies I found out in the doctors office :).

So last month around the 2nd week of December was the last time i had sex (sorry if tmi). Shortly after, about a week, when my period was due I had a weird period that was short (3 days) with brown spotting. I didn't think anything of it, thought it was maybe due to stress.

This month my period was late by 5 days. So naturally i thought "pregnant" since my periods are usually regular and on time. I took a store brand HPT after 3 days late and negative.

When it finally came after being 5 days late it was very very light and lasted 3 days. On the day after my period ended i took another HPT (the digital 6 days before kind) and it was still negative.

I have been all the "symptoms" but after looking in all the forums no answer. I have a dr. appointment in 2 weeks but i'm impatient. Could i be pregnant? Has anyone had a similar situation?

I would say that if the last time you had sex was mid December (almost a month and a half ago), your hpts are accurate. My gyn says 2 weeks later, 3 weeks for sure is accurate. I have had some short periods and some brown bleeding, and it was just a weird period. They happen. I noticed I have strange periods after 25/ after my IUD was out. Sorry that's not helpful., and sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for. :( Now is it possible, technically yes. But I would just chalk it up to a weird period.

I would say that if the last time you had sex was mid December (almost a month and a half ago), your hpts are accurate. My gyn says 2 weeks later, 3 weeks for sure is accurate. I have had some short periods and some brown bleeding, and it was just a weird period. They happen. I noticed I have strange periods after 25/ after my IUD was out. Sorry that's not helpful., and sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for. :( Now is it possible, technically yes. But I would just chalk it up to a weird period.

Thanks- Not expecting but I wouldn't mind :). I did have all the preggo symptoms and never had a weird period before. I was thinking it could also be perimenopause, i just turned 35. I will update with what my doctors say after my appointment in two weeks.

Good luck with your Dr appointment :)
I would advise you get him to do blood tests to check the full range of hormone levels, and an ultrasound to check out your ovaries. (only of course if pregnancy tests are still negative that is). I used to get 'pregnancy symptoms' a lot and it turned out that I had stopped ovulating altogether and had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I had no chance of falling pregnant anyway.
Not saying this is the same for you but it could be put down to a hormonal imbalance and it's good to know if you are TTC because you'd be surprised how much the TTC experience can be thwarted by it.
Best of luck whatever the outcome :)

The problem with atypical periods is they usually happen because of some underlying (though minor and usually naturally resolved) hormonal thing. So when our periods act up, so do our symptoms. Also, pregnancy symptoms are so close to pms symptoms that once you're looking for them they are there. Are you hoping to try soon?

Good luck with your Dr appointment :)
I would advise you get him to do blood tests to check the full range of hormone levels, and an ultrasound to check out your ovaries. (only of course if pregnancy tests are still negative that is). I used to get 'pregnancy symptoms' a lot and it turned out that I had stopped ovulating altogether and had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I had no chance of falling pregnant anyway.
Not saying this is the same for you but it could be put down to a hormonal imbalance and it's good to know if you are TTC because you'd be surprised how much the TTC experience can be thwarted by it.
Best of luck whatever the outcome :)

Im sorry and thanks, yes i definitely plan to get a blood test hearing all the hpt horror stories haha. I am not TTC, I didnt even think about pregnancy until my period was late, which is abnormal for me. I know something is off, whether its pregnancy or something else.

The problem with atypical periods is they usually happen because of some underlying (though minor and usually naturally resolved) hormonal thing. So when our periods act up, so do our symptoms. Also, pregnancy symptoms are so close to pms symptoms that once you're looking for them they are there. Are you hoping to try soon?

I have a 14 year old and 5 year old, one boy and one girl so i'm ok for now :). However, if I was to consider having a child it would have to be now because im definitely not getting any younger lol. But yes i agree, one thing i noticed on these forums are that symptoms overlap easily, the only way to know anything for sure is to go to the doctors to get checked out, everyone is different.

Definitely come and update us! Hope you get some answers. :)

Hi ladies, excuse my language but this is a complete mind fck!

Today my gums started bleeding out of no where. I read that bleeding gums are a sign of pregnancy. How likely is it for me to have nausea, lower back pain, bleeding gums, even feeling of movement in my belly along with a host of other symptoms that, when looked up, is associated with pregnancy?? Again the last time i had sex was almost 7 weeks ago and two negative HPTs plus i got my period, twice! (although 1st one weird and last one late).

I don’t think i can wait another week to go to doctors to get a blood test done so i will try one last time with an HPT. This time i wont get the “early results” test because i read that, if your hcg levels are too high, the test wont read since the tests are made to only detect early pg? IDK how true or false this is but i feel like I’m going crazy.

Again i am not TTC so theres no way I’m imaging all this. Anyone else been through this? I will test in the am and keep you all posted.

As your hcg gets higher, it can hook. So there will be a line, but basically it starts light then gets super dark then lightens up again. Did you end up taking it?

Not yet, I plan to take the test in the am, they say your urine has the most hcg at that time. I purchased the First Response rapid result test. As soon as I get the results I will update :)

Could you try a digital that way you don't have to try and read lines? Good luck girl!

Today i woke up feeling like i have to throw up. But Im chalking the gums bleeding to gingivitis, the hunger one minute and not wanting to eat the next to a poor diet, the nausea and sore throat to a possible flu coming on and even the dark line on my belly to have been there before (wish i paid more attention to my body prior) because i got a big red line - negative.

At this point, after 3 "over 99.9% accurate" tests (all tests different and one was digital) i'll have to say that im not pregnant. I have fitness bootcamp starting soon tomorrow and i will be there. I havent had a drink of wine or done any strenuous activities in case i was pregnant.

After a visit to the Dr. office and the blood test one week from today i'll update everyone on why i was having all these symptoms. Hopefully i can help someone out going through the same thing. Crossing fingers its something minor and nothing serious!

Could you try a digital that way you don't have to try and read lines? Good luck girl!

Thanks, I tried a digital test the second time I tested and it came back no. I tested with it 3 days after the date my period was suppose to come. No more tests for me, I'll wait the week to see the final verdict :)

I'm just going to tell you now, don't purchase the first response rapid results, they're really bad for early detection. They need about 50mIU/ml just to get a positive. Always stick with Early Results/Detection as they are approx 6.2mIU/ml which goes to show just how different both of these tests are.

Good luck though and I hope you get your bfp soon! :flower:

Thanks. Im not trying to conceive, just weirded out by all the "pregnacy-like" symptoms.

On my way home today i suddenly got a thrust of sharp pain on the left side of my arm and hand. Thought it was temporary but its still there. I looked it up and its something called Carpal Tunnel. And guess what, carpal tunnel is, of course, associated with pregnacy:neutral:

I hate to be like this, but if you're still getting BFN its unlikely you are pregnant.

Symptoms may mirror them, but it could just be your body also.

I would say visit a doctor and request a blood test.

My grandmother has carpal tunnel. Honestly, everything can be associated with pregnancy because people make associations when they are pregnant. I would stop Googling, try to stop symptom spotting, and agreed that the Rapid Results are the dumbest tests ever. Why are they making you wait a week for the bloods? Can you just insist they do them sooner? You're going to work yourself up until you get a concrete answer. I know because I do it as well.

I agree, and yes I am driving myself mad. Next week Thursday was the only day i could get off from work :(. The pain in my arm was gone when i woke up this am. But I've convinced myself that im not pg, just curious as to what i have going on because something is off. I will update this thread on Thursday or after i get me bloods back. Thanks for the advice ladies

sorry you are going through all this I hope next weeks you get some answers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->