New to this forum after miscarraige, hello!

weemoofrazz

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am new to this forum following a "missed" miscarraige which I had medical treatment for last week.

When my DH and I found out we were pregnant it was a big shock, we had been using the FAM for contraception for 2 years without incident, then bang were pregnant. At the time of falling pregnant we had pretty much decided that we didn't want to start a family and DH was waiting to see his GP for advice regarding a vasectomy!

Doesn't god work in mysterious ways? (not that we are at all religous! :))

So we were pregnant, we had to get our heads around that concept to begin with but pretty soon we managed and in the end up we were actually both excited (as well as scared!) of becoming parents. Well it didn't work out but I've always been a believer in things happening for a reason and I feel it wasn't the right time this time but the baby was in a way a wake up call for us both to really look at our life's and figure out what's really important and what we really want.

So here I am, I was always the more vigilant about not having kids out of the two of us and yes, I have to say that I have changed my mind. My DH and I have spoken at length about where we go from here and whilst we have agreed that we are not solely focused on getting pregnant we are now far more relaxed regarding birth control and have agreed to let nature take it's course, if we get pregnant it will be great, if we don't we have already agreed that IVF is not a route we would take.

It's actually quite liberating to just through caution to the wind, totally relax and really enjoy each other. I am fortunate enough to know when I am ovulating as I get ovulation pain so I guess if our timing is right each month we stand a chance of getting pregnant.

After reading an article about the chances of pregnancy following miscarraige being quite high I am however keen to make a half decent effort following my next period to time things right!

I would like to say that forums like this one are an absolute god send and it's great to be able to have somewhere to ask questions and get information and support, happy to be in the NTNP forum! :thumbup:

One thing though, can anyone tell me what the abbreviations BFP and AF stand for? :dohh:

welcome :wave: I hope things work out for you both.

We have lost a baby recently, and we have now decided to NTNP and see what happens :) I too am a strong believer in things happen for a reason.

BFP - Big fat positive (preg test) AF - Aunt flow (period) There is a list of abreviations in the help section somewhere, after being on this site nearly 2 years i still dont know some of them :blush:

good luck :)

we lost our baby 2 months ago too and are now NTNP - im 3 days late noww but am used to very irregular cycles, so not holding out any hope....

xxxxx

Thanks ladies for the welcome and what the abbreviations mean!

Hello and welcome I am also new, my husband and I are in a similiar position post blighted ovum and dandc ... we weren't trying it happened and we reconsidered our position ... its hard to wrap your head around it at first but I will say after a few months it becomes a new normal and hopefully everything works out for you both ...

what abbreviations you want to know?? hannah told you the once you asked.. AF- aunt flow (period) BFP - bif fat positive (preg test) or BFN - Big fat negative...

look on the help forum and list of abbreviations there for you... im always checking back to that list :) hahaha....

hope your doing ok xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->