New to this site!...I'm 40 TTC..on 10 DPO

Katieg7

Mother of 3 & StepMom 2 1
Reaction score
I have 3 beautiful children from a previous marriage and we are trying to have one together...and I'm PRAYING I'm not too late to succeed...sigh. I'm 10 DPO....so far I tested BFN on 8 dpo, 2 bfn on 9 dpo, and 1 bfn on 10 dpo (this am)...I'm starting to loose hope...we timed it so perfect this month I thought for sure!

Here's me:

sore bb;'s.nipples always hard...but only barely today,
lots of CM (very wet sorry tmi..during intercourse dh said yest)
bloated
af cramping with back pain
hungry!
super tired...but I'm hypothyroid so I can't count that
we've dtd...every day..most 2 x a day this entire cycle!...3 times when it showed the happy face that I o'd.

I'm having a really hard keeping positive...it's just every time I see the BFN I want to cry

Well, I conceived our bright, beautiful, broccoli-eating baby girl somewhere around my 41st birthday, so I reckon you're not too late!

I don't think you are too late to TTC. Welcome to the site and I hope it happens quickly for you. How long have you been trying?

I know it's tempting but I would really try to avoid symptom spotting as much as possible, our minds and bodies can totally play tricks during the TWW.

Hopefully you will get a late BFP this month. If not you may want to limit intercourse to once a day. I was reading up alot on this and it says if your partner has a normal sperm count every day is ok, but I never saw anything suggesting 2x's a day since the sperm count will lower some. I am 37 and TTC #1 and have been trying for 3-4 months. I know how you feel when you time it perfectly and getting that BFN is so devastating. Do you use preseed? I tried that this month to help. Good luck to you.

Well done with all the good timing and :sex: 40 is not too late but it might just take a little longer even when you do time it perfectly :hugs::hugs: But I agree with the ladies - dtd 2 x a day might diminish the number of sperm as they don't have time to replenish and also symptom spotting will just drive you crazy :flower:

I wish you the best of luck :hugs::hugs:

Hi there Katieg7, just remember your not on your own.

I do tend to agree with the girls though, try to keep the DD down to once a day (if you can!).

Im 10DPO and have tested on day 8 and 10 - and all BFN - im got serious cramping going on and have done since 5DPO and had backache for past 3 days which stopped today.

Symptom spotting has done my head in - even when I sneeze, Im thinking oooh could this be a sign - your gonna drive yourself crazy!!!

All my friends have told me that they "just knew" they were pregnant, and although I keep talking to my tummy asking if anyone is in there, deep down I know there isnt. I think if it doesnt happen for me this month, then Im going to give up for a while. My head cant take this.

Thanks everyone!....I"m just feeling super down today...I retested using a dollarstore test on Sunday (12 dpo)...and BFN. sigh. I don't understand if I'm just getting my mind to play tricks you know...it's just i felt "pregnant" this month...all I can do is pray and leave it in God's hands at this point.

Thanks everyone!....I"m just feeling super down today...I retested using a dollarstore test on Sunday (12 dpo)...and BFN. sigh. I don't understand if I'm just getting my mind to play tricks you know...it's just i felt "pregnant" this month...all I can do is pray and leave it in God's hands at this point.

This ttc is very trying Katie and it certainly does make our mind play tricks on us. Take all symptoms with a pinch of salt and try and protect yourself against any disappointment :hugs::hugs::hugs: sorry about the bfn and try not to feel too down - we can only do so much and then it is all out of our hands :hugs: :hugs:

I agree with Butterfly - TTC does get you down but you have to remember two things:-

1.Your not alone = we are here for you

2. Your not out until AF comes

FX'd for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back