New TTC / Anovulation

S.Charles

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum or any forum for that reason. We have been trying to conceive for the last year. Before that I was on implanon and we were very happy waiting for children. Fast forward a year of nothing. I was sent to an Infertility doctor. (I had not gotten my period in a year. Makes it sort of hard to try.) Any who I had a dye test, Blood work and ultrasound. He said everything was normal my LH level was a little high but other than that nothing. He said the Dye test was prefect and so was the ultrasound other than that what he assumed I am not ovulating. He put me on Metformin. I am currently taking 500mg a day and over the next month will get up to 2000mg a day. So far I haven't had any bad side effects. He said if I don't start getting my period by August that he would then give me something else. I should mention I am overweight. He wants me to lose weight and I am trying now. Basically I am looking for anyone who has been through this or actually anything.. I am clueless and learning as I go. New Friends Welcome.

Hello! I am sort of new here too, I found this site during my last cycle. I haven't been through all you have but I wanted to say hello and wish you the best!

We have only been trying officially for 1 month, this week will be try number 2, so we are hoping it all goes well, but I can't imagine trying for so long! I feel for you! Is your doc/ob/gyn pretty pro-active in your care/treatments?? I have a great ob/gyn who I saw in April and he said if we aren't pregnant in 3 months to come back with my charting of my temps and all. He doesn't like to have people wait a whole year. Then at that time he'll study my charts to see if I'm even ovulating, which last month doesn't look like it to me..too much of a temp drop and up and downs. He'll also look at my husband's counts/motility/etc. Have you taken things to promote ovulation? I went off depo provera last year, my last shot was in july and I didn't get another in October and hadn't had a cycle so I was put on provera for a few days-then I got a very irregular cycle and now I'm finally at a normal cycle after 5 months. But I don't even know if I'm ovulating.

I have heard that even losing like 10-15# can increase fertility. I'm a little overweight too and have been trying to eat more veggies and fruit and walking a lot and starting to get back into jogging again..but that's hard because last month I had weird pains and didn't want to "over do it" and ruin implantation if it was happening. I feel like I just want to have a healthy body for if/when I am pregnant. My body hates losing weight, it's hard enough for me to maintain the same weight, so if I can have good habits, it'll help during pregnancy I'm hoping.

Take care and let me know how things go! I sorta wonder if you should maybe encourage your doc to give you something to help the ovulation along??? What's the point in waiting a few more months?

Hi! Ive only been ttc for 5 months so i cant share you experience with metformin but i did come off implanon and dont think im ovulating either so i can empathise there. Its hard feelig clueless but lots of ladies here can try answer any questions you might have (or just chat when you need).

Good luck

hi! i'm basically in the same boat as you! trying since early last year, and have only had 2 periods in the last 12 months. once, from doing a month of birth control, and the second - was by taking 1000mg of metformin ER, for around a month. i had to stop, because my prescription ran out, and it is very hard on my already tortured liver (i had bad gallbladder issues, and then had it removed). right now, i am on cd7 and taking agnus cactus/vitex - 1320mg per day, in an attempt to regulate my cycles.

good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->