New Year - New baby?! Jan 2014 testers!!!!

Paloma123

Cooking number 2
Reaction score
Anyone wanna join me on my wait for a January test?!

It's month one for me, so my hopes are high to say the least :winkwink:

I think my cycles are around 28 days so I'll be testing 1st Jan 2014!!!!

Anyone else?? X

I will most likely be testing between christmas and new years but if I don't ovulate at a normal time I may be testing into the new year...good Luck!! Are you doing anything special ttc wise? SMEP, temping, opks?

I will most likely be testing between christmas and new years but if I don't ovulate at a normal time I may be testing into the new year...good Luck!! Are you doing anything special ttc wise? SMEP, temping, opks?

Hi!!

I'm using a Clearblue fertility monitor, though it would be easier for a machine to tell me when to have sex and when I'm ovulating, rather than trying to interpret lines on sticks and take temperature :)

What are you using? Have you been trying for very long?? Xx

We've been trying since the end of August but I was having issues with my cycles so I didn't officially start our "first trying" cycle until October. I have had to take progesterone to start my period the last 2 times. I currently use OPKs and BBT I'm not even really sure this cycle is going to be a real cycle. I haven't been ovulating so I am hoping my body will finally regulate itself or we'll have to wait until the summer to try fertility medicine.

I'm in for testing in Jan!! Ovulating sometime in the first week of January .. Period due Jan 15/16 (according to mydays and fertility friend) ... I was so upset when AF came in December but no use dwelling! Moving on to jan.... I have 35-42 day cycles .... Sooooooooooo we'll see!!!!! Any suggestions for Jan ttc? It will be me and DH 4th "month" ttc ...

Lotalaughs- man, I feel for you, it must be so confusing not knowing where you are from one cycle to the next. Hopefully this could be your month in terms of ovulating?!

Elizabeth - wow that's a long cycle, mine were messed up when I was on the implant but I can't remember them being that long? Maybe they were I never took any notice..

As for any tips ttc, I have none!! This is all new to me, I have a little girl who wasn't planned so maybe ignorance is bliss and just have sex lots haha. I don't know, don't they say every other day is better?

I know :( long long long cycles .. Who knows if im actually even ovulating. Ive gone several months at a time without my period. I have an appt w my gyn for this tue so im going to see if she'll test to see if im ovulating cause otherwise, ya cant get preggo!!! LOL

Elizabeth, I sympathize with you on the long cycles. My last cycle was 54 days, the one before that was 105 days! Are you using OPKs? or BBT? they seem tedious but it at least helps pinpiont if and when you ovulate. Also we have been trying to follow SMEP which is everyother day starting at cd 10 then once you get a + OPK you do three in a row then skip a day then one more time. Good Luck and lots of baby dust!

still no + opk but I'm hoping to get one by the weekend...I feel like my life is a never ending waiting game lol

still no + opk but I'm hoping to get one by the weekend...I feel like my life is a never ending waiting game lol

I know what you mean, you wish away the days don't you. :nope:

I've not had the peak show on the monitor yet is I guess I've not ovulated yet, don't know if I will? It's day CD9 so probably too early.

What are your plans for the weekend? X

Elizabeth, I sympathize with you on the long cycles. My last cycle was 54 days, the one before that was 105 days! Are you using OPKs? or BBT? they seem tedious but it at least helps pinpiont if and when you ovulate. Also we have been trying to follow SMEP which is everyother day starting at cd 10 then once you get a + OPK you do three in a row then skip a day then one more time. Good Luck and lots of baby dust!

Hey there:) yes, i used clear blue digital opk for the past two months & got my high fertility and peak fertility day, but, i read that you can still not ovulate even if it detects the LH surge. I just have this gut feeling. I'm going to start bbt this cycle .... Im so inconsistent though so i'll probably end up forgetting to do it all the time haha. Anyway, i have an appt with my obgyn for this tuesday because i found two lumps in my breast so while i'm there i'll be talking to her about ttc as well. ALSO, what is SMEP?!!? Can you explain it to me?

@Elizabeth - I set my alarm everyday to wake up and temp and on the mornings that I don't get up for work I still wake up to temp then fall right back to sleep. I would suggest vaginal temping only because it is more accurate in case your a mouth sleeper :winkwink: Also if you feel like you'll be inconsistent with it, you can start temping 4-5 days before you think you'll O and then 3-4 days after to see the thermal shift then you can stop temping until the next cycle or your BFP! As for SMEP...I believe you start bding every other day starting at cd10 then once you get a + opk you do 3 in a row then skip a day then one more time after that.

@Paloma - No real plans for this weekend, we're getting hit with a big winter storm so I'll probably spend most of it inside cleaning and getting ready for the holidays. How about you?

Me!! :D I'll be testing New Year's Day if af doesn't show New Year's Eve. Heheh, baby dust to you all!!

hey :wave:
Im due to ov xmas day/boxing day so will be testing early jan! :thumbup: will confirm the date when i ov.... I lost a baby this year and my d.date was 15th jan so i would love a bfp before what would have been my due date :thumbup: xxx

Im due to ov xmas day/boxing day so will be testing early jan! :thumbup: will confirm the date when i ov.... I lost a baby this year and my d.date was 15th jan so i would love a bfp before what would have been my due date :thumbup: xxx

hi and welcome to the party ;) haha

God, I'm so sorry for your loss, hope this month is yours - but on a positive, Emily is a little cracker in the photo you should be very proud :) and I'm from the East Mids too!!

On the Clearblue monitor I'm on day 10, that's 5 days of "high" but no peak yet!? Hope everyone is getting on okay x

hi and welcome to the party ;) haha

God, I'm so sorry for your loss, hope this month is yours - but on a positive, Emily is a little cracker in the photo you should be very proud :) and I'm from the East Mids too!!

On the Clearblue monitor I'm on day 10, that's 5 days of "high" but no peak yet!? Hope everyone is getting on okay x

oh wow, it is a small world! Where abouts in the east mids? Thank you, :cloud9: she is our miracle baby :cloud9: as will any be, considering the odds we had but im hopeful it will happen again for us soon :thumbup: xx

@Elizabeth - I set my alarm everyday to wake up and temp and on the mornings that I don't get up for work I still wake up to temp then fall right back to sleep. I would suggest vaginal temping only because it is more accurate in case your a mouth sleeper :winkwink: Also if you feel like you'll be inconsistent with it, you can start temping 4-5 days before you think you'll O and then 3-4 days after to see the thermal shift then you can stop temping until the next cycle or your BFP! As for SMEP...I believe you start bding every other day starting at cd10 then once you get a + opk you do 3 in a row then skip a day then one more time after that.

@Paloma - No real plans for this weekend, we're getting hit with a big winter storm so I'll probably spend most of it inside cleaning and getting ready for the holidays. How about you?

Ah, good to know! Thanks. I may try that. I didnt "ovulate" last cycle until CD23 so thats a lot of BDing!! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->