New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Thanks Krissie. I am a teacher so off work for a while now. And, our nanny is working all summer. She is supposed to get two weeks off (in addition to two weeks at Christmas) but she is banking them and taking a month off next year to go visit her family in the Phillipines. So really, I have no work and fantastic child care during the day. I truly have no excuses.

Today I walked over 20 000 steps, so that was good.

I am a school psychologist and am off for the summer. I currently have DS as my best friend usually watches him for free so I feel she deserves the summer off.

I have been more active with yard work and the house. We bought it in April so it's been my project. But my diet has sucked. I got a menu plan going so hoping to go grocery shopping this morning and get down to it.

Cool! Do you do mostly assessments, or student support, or both?

I teach at a school for students with learning disabilities who are reading and writing significantly below grade level. They come for two years for an intensive remedial literacy and assistive technology program. It is an awesome place!

I've noticed that in Canada, we nearly always use th umbrella term "learning disability", and in th the U.S., you tend to hear the specific terms "dyslexia", "dysgraphia", etc.

I do mostly assessment and consulting with admin and teachers. I taught special education for 6 years prior though.

For educational purposes we use specific learning disability. Dyslexia and those are primarily used when outside agencies make the diagnosis. But they are so vague whereas a specific learning disability should be identified during assessment. It really helps with teaching and program planning.

Your school sounds really neat. I wouldn't have minded a setting line that. You can really focus on the child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->