New yr update on ella

nineena

mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Happy new yr everyone. Havent been around as spending most of time in hosp over last month really.
Well ella had v bad bronchiolitis in nov needing a 3wk stay in hosp then got transferred to mcr for the scan to determine whether there was another join between oesophagus and trachea. Scan showed conclusively that theres deffo a join there so that explains the difficulties feeding and why it took so long to recover from the bronchiolitis as shes is constantly hvn fluid transfer to her lungs every time she swallows even saliva and when she refluxes because of this connection. Soooo surgeons decided to insert a gastrostomy on 22nd dec so we can feed her without the ng tube.....first time in 2months she didnt hv that tube stuck to her face. Amazingly she was allowed home on xmas eve as she recovered so well and tolerating full feeds and now we have to wait about 6wks before theyll repair the join as its a major operation involving cutting into cgest cavity again but shes been an absolute star. Hardly refluxes atall with the gastrostomy and is just smiling all the time. She even met 2 mcr united players n had her pic taken with them before her op and got a xmas present too :) shes on constant antibiotics now too as shes v susceptible to chest infections until shes had this op. Will try to kp u all updated and hope all ur los are doing well.

Hugs and happy new yr xx

Hugs and Happy New Year Ella. Here's to growing bigger and stronger. What a Beautiful name :flower:

What a star she is! I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, positive thoughts for 2011!

:hugs: wishing you and ella all the best, stay strong mamma

What an amazing little girl she is to be so happy and strong when she has been through so much. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead. xx

Im so pleased ella made it home for christmas - the best pressie ever im sure! I am however sorry to hear she needs further operations, I just hope an end to it all is in sight! Although, the fact that she's smiling is a great sign :) She's clearly one tough cookie with a fab mummy and daddy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->