Newbie: 1st round of clomid-anyone else at this stage?

VickyJo

Reaction score
Hello,

Good to see you all here- amazing!

I took my first dose of clomid last night and have been on metformin since early December. I just wondered if there was anyone else out their at the same stage?

We have a 3 yr old son and no luck conceiving number 2. After 2 years of TTC and 3 miscarriages the doctor referred me. They have confirmed PCOS and prescribed 4 cycles of clomid and 4 months of metformin.
My cycles have been a frustrating 40/45 days long but I've heard clomid can shorten your cycles.....so how do I know my peak fertility time whilst on clomid?

Help, hello's and similar experiences much appreciated.

X

I'm on my first round of letrozole! It's exciting and I"m very hopeful! Is your doctor monitoring your cycle on clomid? They should be, otherwise you will just have to temp and check for ewcm, and use the lh strips to see if you are ovulating. My doc is monitoring my cycle so on CD 12 I go in and have an ultrasound done to see if I have produced any follicles and if I have then they will give me a shot of hcg to make me ovulate.

Hello- no I'm not being monitored. Wish I was! I have a digital clear blue ov kit so will give that a go. Have you had your scan yet?

hi vickyjo - im at same stage as you, too 2 years to conceive my son...so started trying for 2nd one straight away, i have pcos no periods at all and elevated fsh levels- im 29 years old. im on day 2 of 50mg of clomid, never had it before - given a prescription for 3 months - im not being monitored at all - im going to try use ovulation sticks but pcos they can not work or get false readings!
x

Hi cbmd, good luck with your first cycle of clomid. I've heard mixed things abt PCOS and ovulation sticks, I'm really hoping it works otherwise I really don't have any idea when. Hope you're feeling ok on the clomid- I was nervous about side effects but pleased to reort I didn't have any. X

vicky jo - so far not had too many side affects, felt a bit sicky first day but could have just been feeling off...feel a tiny bit bloated but nothing out the ordinary.......yes its hard knowing when u ovulate with pcos....i used my clearblue f m religously for years and it never worked, when i finally conveived my little boy it never picked up i had ovulated! so although im going to use cheap opks im just going to try bd every other day maybe from day 10 onwards, and try aim for everyday around 12-16? its so hard....with my son i actually worked out i ovulated between day 30-37!!
Have you had any side effects? i wonder maybe whether u get more as the month goes on xx

Hi cbmd, how's it all going? I've been for my day 21 blood test today so will find out if I have ovulated in Monday. My clear blue has been high since started on day 6 but no peaks!

hey vickyjo - thats great your getting highs...think i may be out this cycle - on day 15 - all negative opks so far....i havent used my clearblue monitor as it always says low and it really bugs me spending 25 quid a month on sticks when it never says anything but low!!! - im going to carry on bd'ing for a few more days just in case..then i suppose just wait to see if i get af and if not i'll start my second set of clomid in feb sometime.....how you feeling? im a bit gutted, for some reason i really thought id feel the effects of clomid and was hoping it would work first time :)
wishful thinking!!
xxx

Hi there, I was hoping it would work first time too- wishful thinking I guess! Just waiting to see what the next couple of weeks bring but am feeling very impatient with the whole thing at the moment. Stay hopeful, you never know. With my little boy I didn't realise until I was 11 wks as had no symptoms what so ever and had a cycle.

with my little boy i didnt realise i was pregnant either - although when i look back now i did have sore boobs for a while but never linked the two as i hadnt had any proper periods for years........im like you........im so impatient with the whole thing....everything feels like such a long wait......sometimes i think id rather save up for ivf and at least its one process in a month n you know whats going on step by step!
good luck with your bloods...fingers crossed u ovulated..... xxx

I'm hoping to join you guys soon, I go back to my RE tomorrow (currently on cycle day 2) so I think she will start me on clomid in the next couple of days. Good luck to you 3!!!

im on my 2nd cycle of iui. first was unmedicated. this time i went with femara (doc first suggested clomid but id heard stuff about lining thinning, and given that i made an egg no problem last month.. why risk it). fingers crossed for all of us

I'm on cycle day 5 now first day of Clomid. I'm taking 50 mg days 5-10. Doc told us to have :sex: every other day starting day 10-23 she said don't bother with ovulation tests. I go back on day 21 to have blood drawn. Where are you guys at in your cycles now? Did you feel many side effects? I really hope this does the trick!

hi gypsy soul....im day 19..no ovulation....weve bd'd every day since 10 and r getting tired now :) im hoping next month i might ovulate...not being monitored so ive no idea what going on....although i did use opks this month n they were all negative ...didnt get any side effects at all xx

cbmd I'm hoping those opks were just wrong! My Doctor told me not to use them. She said they are a waste of money and half the time just make you stress more... I don't know but we are trying to take her advice because we have not been very successful on our own. I did get pregnant in August after having an HSG done in June but lost that baby at 10 weeks. We've had 4 more cycles since and no luck which is why we are back seeing a Doctor and taking Clomid now. I'm really hoping for a pregnancy this month because my Husband is deploying in September but has training the next two months in a row so we wont be able to TTC again after this cycle until May =( Trying not to think about that but its hard. So far I'm on day 3 of clomid (cd 7) and no side effects to report so I'm happy about that =) I really wish the best for you!!!!!

i think next cycle i am going to give up the opks, they do stress me out because i have to do them for days on end and they are always negative so then i think it starts to get you down which cant be good if you havent ovulated yet and might do!
sorry to hear about your loss - you got pregnant which is a step in the right direction so hopefully this month will be a sticky one for you!!
keep us updated how it goes
xxx

Hello, welcome gypsy soul and drsquid. Hope your're feeling ok.

Cbmd how are you doing? I'm now on day 28, calling today for my day 21 blood test results so hopefully they'll tell me I ovulated!

well im out this month as i didnt ovulate but im pretty ok about it, had such a hectic and stressful month with other stuff havent really thought about it, so hoping now for next month!
Did u get your results? hope they all came back great news
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"