newbie alert

mumj18

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

I am new to this part of the site. I had my little girl in March and don't seem to have lost any of the weight I put on whilst pregnant with her, I don't know what weight I am exactly but looking at myself I know I weigh too much. I will need to get some scales at some point though :(

I was really just looking for any advice, tips or secrets that you have on the best way to lose weight. I'm not hoping for an overnight miracle! If anything I would just like to retrain myself to eat better - I want to want a banana instead of a biscuit if you know what I mean?

Weight-loss groups are not an option as I don't have the spare cash at the moment.

Also, if anyone else is new to this game and wants to team up to keep each other going etc then I'm definitely up for that.

Hope to hear from someone!!

xxx

Hiya

Good luck with your journey. Great your thinking there isnt a quick fix because your right.
Best way IMO eat right and exercise.

If need any help feel free to message me :) xx

Hiya

Good luck with your journey. Great your thinking there isnt a quick fix because your right.
Best way IMO eat right and exercise.

If need any help feel free to message me :) xx

Thanks for replying, how did it take you to lose your weight? Whatsort of exercise did you do? x x

I started my weight loss journey on New Year's Day and have done it just by eating clean and exercising. The Eat Clean Diet Clean Eating Magazine, and the Eat Clean Diet Books are extremely helpful. It's not really a diet, just recipes for eating whole foods instead of processed crap. Check your library for the books, mine has quite a few.

I do whatever exercise sounds fun at the time: walking, hiking, running, biking, weight lifting, Kinect- you name it, I'll try it. :)

Hey, I have been going to Rosemary Conley classes - which though are not an option for you have some really good guidelines to follow.

Try to exercise (walking is fine) 5 x a week - gradually build up if you have not been doing too much.

Check the amount of fat that you eat - we stick to less than 5% at RC so that is 5 grams of fat per 100 grams of food.

Work out how many calories you need to sustain weight (I am sure you will be able to find a website that does it) and eat 200 - 300 less a day. that combined with the exercise should lose you about 1 lb a week. Which is sustainable.

have brekkie, lunch, dinner and 2 - 3 snacks a day to keep your blood sugar levels up.

Only weigh once a week.

Use a ticker to let everyone know how well you are doing.

Good luck and welcome xx

Hey, I have been going to Rosemary Conley classes - which though are not an option for you have some really good guidelines to follow.

Try to exercise (walking is fine) 5 x a week - gradually build up if you have not been doing too much.

Check the amount of fat that you eat - we stick to less than 5% at RC so that is 5 grams of fat per 100 grams of food.

Work out how many calories you need to sustain weight (I am sure you will be able to find a website that does it) and eat 200 - 300 less a day. that combined with the exercise should lose you about 1 lb a week. Which is sustainable.

have brekkie, lunch, dinner and 2 - 3 snacks a day to keep your blood sugar levels up.

Only weigh once a week.

Use a ticker to let everyone know how well you are doing.

Good luck and welcome xx

Thank you so much for repyling your tips are great :)
So far I think I'm doing quite well - I have lost four lbs in two weeks. I'm not sure how good that is compared to other dieters but I'm happy with it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->