Newbie - ovulation confusion!

ZoMo

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding totally thick, I have a long winded question of ovulation and :sex: timing?

Right, now, I thought I understood all this but I watched that very interesting programme a couple of weeks ago about conception which has thrown my understanding of it all (I am sure most UK ladies on here will know what programme I am going on about - the one that shows the process of conception, sperm going to sleep etc and also makes me think it is a bit too miraculous in getting everything timed perfectly and not letting my body kill off the :spermy:, and resulted in me thinking that I may never conceive again!!).

Anyway, as I didnt realise my body will try and kill the sperm as foreign objects and that the CM has to act as a ladder for the sperm etc etc, I am now wondering when exactly it is the right time to BD to try and be stocked up on spermies for when I ovulate?

I am ovulating today - or at least I think i will be. I am on CD15 today, the past 2 days have had strong positive OPKs. If I understand correctly this means that I should actually ovulate today as the LH surge is before ovulation???

Now, being late off my night shift means I have missed my other half this morning and I am panicking that I will miss the crucial time to :sex:? We have :sex: every day for the past 4 (I think... def the past 3), will this suffice to hopefully have retained enough of the little :spermy: to at least have a shot of doing the job successfully this month or do I need to attack him the minute he gets home tonight?!

Am super confused!! :wacko:

I know what you mean, after watchhing that programme I wondered how any of us got conceived! Yes you should be ok having bd'd the last few days, maybe one for luck when your oh gets home! Good luck with the two week wait!

I hope the BDing done already will suffice. Have had a bad day - late home off nights so I missed my OH, one of my best mates had a baby today (trying to be happy for her but cant even bring myself to make contact) and my OH went to say godbye to his friend who is passing away imminently from cancer. Feel really selfish for still thinking we may be missing BDing whilst ovulating today but hopefully we have done enough already to manage a chance this month.

The chances are that if its going to happen you have plenty of sperm lying in wait, just sit back and relax about it x

If you've BD for the past 4 days you should be good, it wouldn't hurt to BD again today as you're ovulating but it certainly isn't make or break. Apparently some sperm can reach the egg in 30 mins, other can take a few days!!

Good luck :thumbup:

Ooh 30 minutes is mega good going. Just woke him and jumped on him before he left for work, hopefully he has super sperm then who can do a speedy catch up job this morning if none of the other millions made it! Going to relax again now on the 2 week wait until I can go crazy with pee sticks :) Its horrible spending my entire life waiting for 2 days - ovulation and AF due date and when I miss the crucial ovulation one I panic and then I pray that I DO miss the AF one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->