newbie- pg straight after mc!

starmum

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm new here.

found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child in November last year. The baby was much wanted and we were thrilled.
I got to 9 weeks exactly on 13th december and was bleeding lightly first thing in the morning. It got heavier and heavier and more painful. After a scan it showed baby stopped growing between 7.5 to 8 weeks and had no heartbeat, it had also slid down the uterus and was getting ready to leave :(
I miscarried naturally and it only went on for a week with no need for d&c.

It was a horrible time and we were gutted beyond belief.
Christmas was just round the corner and it was a very tough time for us.
It was my first mc. I already have 2 perfect children both perfectly healthy pregnancies and I am only in my twenties. I got no explanation or reason for the mc, I just felt robbed and like the world had ended.

Initially we wanted to try again immediately without waiting for first af, so we had a few goes over xmas, then the start of the new year.
But then I decided to wait and get fit first- get some weight off and get healthy. Maybe try again in March time.
So I did a test last week to make sure I wasn't pg before I embarked on my fitness regime. It was neg after a few mins so I chucked it in the drawer and forgot it existed.
Since then I have worked out like a trooper, smoked cigarettes, drank wine, took slimming pills- everything I shouldn't do.
I felt I had finally got back on track and was focused on getting slimmer- I have a black tie event in february you see so I've been so excited looking at glam dresses.
Anyway this evening I looked in the drawer for some paper to write a shopping list and came across the test I did last week- it was positive!
At first I thought it could be an evap line but it was pink and evap lines are colourless.
So I sent DH straight out for 2 tests.
I had been drinking tons of water throughout the day and peeing loads so I did a very small sample in a pot.
It came up positive straight away- a big fat pink line.

I'm happy but also confused. I don't know any dates- only the mc date and I'm worried because of everything I've done- the pills, the workouts.
Also, I'm worried people may think we're stupid for getting pregnant so quick.

So basically just looking for any reassurance from anyone who may know of someone who has been in a similar position?

I'm going to see gp first thing in the morning for advice but I don't know what to expect from here. Will there be more care? An earlier scan?

Above all, what if I miscarry again?
Another mc would kill me I think. I never bargained on what a terrible experience it is for women till it happened to me.

Any advice welcome xx

Aw poor you try not to punish yourself you didn't know. Congratulations and i am sure this time everything will be fine.. not sure if your maternity care will be different i had a mc before conceiving my son and i dont think my care was any different than anyone else. I miscarried last weekend and i am going to try right away without waiting for AF and see what happens.
I am sure your GP will be fine with you try not to worry.

thank you xx
I am sorry to hear of your recent mc and wish you the best of luck in resuming ttc. xx

Starmum! Firstly sorry for your loss before christmas. and secondly CONGRATULATIONS!

Am so very happy for you x x x x

I had a mc in srpt 08 that started like yours and ended like yours..I went on to become pg before ever having another cycle..my sweet Gregory is now going to be 7 months on the 27th! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss..have faith all will be well honey..I did and my sweet little man is here and 100% healthy.

Hun firstly congratulations maybe try the pregnancy after loss section they maybe can answer some of your questions xx

Thanks ladies for your replies xx

Nicole- thank you, you've given me hope :)

I've been to the doctors and once again am now booked in to see the midwife for 1st week in Feb- so not really urgent.
My GP was great, she showed barely any concern and was happy for me, congratulated me and said I was obviously destined to be a mum again and my body knew what it was doing.
She saw no need to book me in for a scan and has presumed i'm around 4-6 weeks.
So we just see how we go from here now.

fingers crossed I guess xx

Good luck Starmum and keep us posted. I hope this is a sticky :bfp: for you!
I had an early MC on the 9th of Jan and have decided not to wait for AF before trying again. I didnt have any complications, bleeding was a little heavier than normal thenw ent to spotting like I normally would. I am temping and using CBFM but not sure they are correct as I should be OVing today going from my last cycles and neither temp nor CBFM has picked it up.

Do you chart at all?

Minimin

Hi Minimim,
No I never charted but when I was ttc the baby I lost, I checked for EWCM coming and when it did, we BD and bingo.
This time round I didn't do anything, it was pot luck. I just resumed normal sex life (once or twice week) and it happened.
I can recommend an excellent book that will help you loads with charting and symptom spotting:

It's called 'Taking charge of your fertility' by Toni Weschler- available on Amazon. I got mine from the library.

I really recommend the book to anyone looking to ttc. It teaches you thinks you didn't know and helps you get to know your body and cycle.
Though I didn't get a chance to practice what I'd read lol! xx

Thanks Starmum- I have heard about the book and debating whether to get it. I did order the Dr Randine Lewis one for Traditional Chinese Medicine- Some of the ladies on the TCM thread have mentioned it. Bout to get my nose into it now!
I also check CM but as I have been using Softcups I have not been able to get an accurate reading as I feel more dry during the day (we tend to use the SC overnight and I take them out in the morning) When I wiped this evening (and the past few nights) I have watery, ewcm and so I am hoping it is me and not DH's stuff lurking around (sorry TMI :shy:)
Keep us posted on your appointment next week hun.
Minimin

starmum - If you're that early on, most of what you did wouldn't have ever reached the baby. The body has a pretty solid mechanism in place that shields an embryo until about 6 weeks pregnant. I'm sure it was an evolutionary mechanism designed to protect the baby until the mother knew she was pregnant and could take precautions! I'm sure everything will be just fine! :hugs: CONGRATS!

Min - Semen dissolves in water and CM doesn't... As long as its more EWCM and not super watery, you could just fill a small cup with water and dip your finger in it with the "stuff" on it to see if it dissolves or not. I know it sounds odd, but its true! :)

Really- so I saw a bit floating about as a blobby bit- and I guess thats EWCM- your a genius! :)
Anyway we are still :sex: everyday and I am using SC so hopefully we catch ms eggy!
fxd :dust:

Woohoo for blobby bit floating! Woohoo for catching an eggy! Go :sex:... QUICK!

:rofl: with all the weird things we ttc gals :wohoo: at :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->