Newbie with mouth issues, is this normal?

Praying4BB

Reaction score
I was hoping some of you veteran mamas could help me out with my latest "symptom." I am 9.5 weeks along with my first pregnancy and I've been having sore throats on and off, since ovulation really. It's mainly a/w congestion, but when my sore throat came back this week, it was accompanied by weird inflamed looking bumps on the back of my tongue and sore spots on the top of my mouth. Is this normal? Or is this some kind of infection I've picked up? No fever and my throat is not super painful.

I'm trying my best to avoid my Dr.'s office unnecessarily since flu and strep are running rampant here, but I do want to make sure I get it checked out if I should be concerned. Thanks so much! :flower:

What color are the bumps? When I get strep I get these awful white pus pockets that look like bumps. It's no fun. I would really get checked out as any infection can harm your baby. So just to be safe! Gargle some salt water to make it feel a little better :]

They look more like small clear blisters, like the taste buds towards the back of my tongue are inflamed. It's definitely gotten better over the course of today... my latest thinking is that it may be from the severe diet change I've incurred due to all day m/s and nausea. I usually don't eat a lot of carbs and sugar, and that is all I am eating lately. If I wake up and it's still weird tomorrow, I will definitely call the dr. Thank you!!

Sounds like it could be thrush. I had what the doctor thought might be thrush when I got pregnant and he told me to gargle with warm salt water every evening. Mine didn't end up being thrush - I got geographical tongue. It went away right after my LO was born.

I would try the salt water rinse though, it could help if there is an infection - if it doesn't go away on its own I would definitely see the doctor for it. If it's thrush it's a easily curable fugal infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->