Newbie WTT in May?

Jettin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone- sorry for the long post.

TLDR; I'm new, excited and scared WTT with no women in my life to talk to about anything baby-related until I can announce a pregnancy. When did you stop BC to plan to TTC?

This is my first day on the forum and I am really glad I found it! A lot of other online communities don't seem as welcoming, especially if you aren't dealing with infertility yet. But it feels like everyone I meet (even my dental hygenist!) is telling me to not wait too long with stories of fertility issues in their early 30s- so I am a bit freaked out before I have even started trying. I have already found so much comfort and inspiration from all of your WTT/TTC stories this board - thank you for sharing!

About us: DH (29) and I (28) have been in a 7 year LDR while are studying for graduate degrees, but I got the news we have been waiting for- I'm finishing school and going home next week! This will be our last year in the same state as any family and the most downtime we will have in both our careers until mid-2020, so it seems like a good time to try for baby #1. It will be our first year living together and my first full-time job, but I am over the moon that DH is finally ready to think about starting the family we have been dreaming about :)

I guess I have questions about timing to stop contraception. I won't get FMLA until March 2018 and we are relocating in July 2018 for DH's residency training, so our TTC window is May-Aug 2017. Our latest thought was to wait until my pack ends (and my dissertation final draft is submitted) in mid-April ... but I am super nervous to not start tracking earlier since I never had regular periods as a teen, I have been on BCP since 18 (with no placebo since 23 to prevent migraines), and I might be super sad if we only get to go ~4 cycles before stopping to wait for DH to not be Dr. Zombie working 80 hours a week.

Welcome!

I'm like you with the irregular periods. I had the Nexplanon for two years and had it taken out last August and my cycles are just now getting back on track. I hear it's easier with the pill but it varies from woman to woman. I started tracking my temps and it's amazing how much you learn about your cycles. Have you considered quitting your pack and using condoms?

Hello and welcome! Congrats on your upcoming graduation, how exciting!

I never did the pill but from what I've heard of others the more time you can give your body to balance the better. I would say 3-4 months beforehand (so now) to stop and start tracking your cycles and just use condoms in the meantime.

Best of luck hun!

Thanks for the replies and the support. I get migraine headaches 15+ days a month when I am not on BCPs so going off them while I'm finishing my program is not an option. I know that's going to make tracking tough but I think we're going NTNP this summer and if no BFP, then I will have more information for when we TTC after getting settled in the new town/jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->