mumwannabe

Reaction score
Hello to All,

As the title suggests, I am new to this forum and possibly new to this overwhelming but wonderful world known as parenting :eek:

I have read a few posts and must admit that there are a lot of acronyms that I need to figure out.. but I think OH means Other Half ? I thought I would join the forum as it appears to be a welcoming and knowledgable community of like-minded people O:) and I have sooooo many questions!!

Anyway, a little bit about how I ended up here...

I came off the pill last summer and my OH and I have been TTC (trying to conceive, I know that one! :winkwink:) but only half-heartedly. I say that because my work has been so hectic during the last 12 months and has left me feeling waaaay too tired for BD (baby dancing?).....

However, I took a :test: today (using clearblue digital) and the result is "pregnant 1-2 weeks"!!!!!!!!! :shock: I am a little confused though. I mean, my periods since coming off the pill were still on the dot as per the pill cycle (28 days) until Dec!! In Dec, I was convinced I might be pregnant (as I felt a little wobbly and lightheaded, but I have also been ill since then) and bought a test, only to find when I'd got home that I'd gotten my period (5 days late)....

This month, I thought nothing of the fact I was late (later than 28 days) and assumed that my cycle was around 32-33 days now, and that it had taken several months for the pill to totally leave my body. I had a period on day 32. But last week (just before my period), I started experiencing some symptoms (very tender breasts and small raised bumps around my aerola's). Apart from the bumps, I just assumed that my cycle was returning to normal (I have no idea what normal is after being on the pill for around 15yrs) and that the tender breasts were a symptom of that. My period seemed normal too.

But this week (around Wed), I started experiencing a funny taste in my mouth, a blood-like taste around my teeth. I thought it was something to do with flossing that had caused a bit of bleeding (due to not flossing as regular as recommended by the dentist) but it has been like this for a couple of days. So, I had a test in the house and decided to take it. And got my result!!

My confusion is that my period seemed normal (apart from being day 32, which seemed normal considering last month was the same). But it arrived 6 days after BD (which would suggest I was beyond the ovulation stage). Being totally ignorant about my cycle, I have no idea whether to believe the result or not. Does anyone have any advice?

:hi: Welcome

This should help you out https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Welcome to BnB.

:hi:

Happy posting.

V xxx

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welc.gif :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member