Newborn cloth nappying?

ac2010

Reaction score
Did you cloth nappy as a newborn or wait until they fitted into aio?

If you did what nappies did you use? And brands?

With our first we used cloth from 10 days. With our second we used cloth from birth. I always think that I wish we'd used cloth from birth with our first too as it would be nice to say we'd never used a disposable! Also, if you start in sposies then switch, you just get used to the whole routine of disposables and how they work/fit best, then you have to start over again and learn to use cloth which seems like twice the hard bits.

That said, it was probably a lot easier second time round from birth because we already knew how cloth works in general - we had the wash routine, knew how they're supposed to fit etc, so maybe it wouldn't have been as easy first time!

If you want to use one size nappies (and you don't have to, I like a mix of sized and OS nappies), they probably won't fit until LO is somewhere around 4-8 weeks old, however big your baby is. If you want to use cloth from birth, you would be best getting a range of brands because one brand may not fit your LO well and you don't know until you try! We had 3-5 of maybe 6 different brands to try and did find one or two brands didn't work that well for us but we had plenty of the others to last until we could buy more.

For newborns, I think fitteds and wraps are the best option. I like pretty much all newborn fitted nappies but TB Stretch S1s, Little Lamb S1s and Motherease Sandy's NB/S were brill for us. I'd still get a few pockets and AIOs but I wouldn't expect to use them most of the time.

I like 50cm bamboo squares best for the first few months. You always get a good fit, and they wash so well and dry so quickly and have so many other uses. And they aren't difficult once you've practised a few.

I like 50cm bamboo squares best for the first few months. You always get a good fit, and they wash so well and dry so quickly and have so many other uses. And they aren't difficult once you've practised a few.

Sorry to hijack thread but have been looking at using terry squares with our third, what wraps do you find best? xx

Sorry to butt in :) I like wraps with a nice deep gusset with terries (actually with all nappies). Blueberry Coveralls/Capris, Little Lambs, Tweedle Bugs, Bummis Super Brites etc.

Sorry to hijack thread but have been looking at using terry squares with our third, what wraps do you find best? xx

The Nature Babies PUL wraps are good, although I personally prefer wool nappy covers. I think they are really the rolls royce of covers, and they're especially good over bamboo terry squares.

I think there's a post somewhere about how they work.

I'm planning on using disposables for the first few days as I read the first few nappies are hard to clean due to the meconium; otherwise, I would use cloth from birth, too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->