Newborn Parties?????

OP, it seems everyone's experiences are different. When I had my son, everyone backed off and I was lonely. My husband had to go back to work the day after he was born... I only had a few visitors but my DS slept well enough and I slept well enough that I had lots more energy than I had expected. But that may just be me and maybe I was super lucky. My son slept ALL the time in the beginning though, it was glorious. I hope this one is similar, but I know having two will be hard to manage all the sleeping I did with just my son. Anyways... play it by ear :) I will probably be having an open house for this one as I want to celebrate their life.

Thanks for your replies everyone. It seems everybody not only has had different experiences but different opinions also.
My husband and I have decided that we will most likely have a "sip n see" party like an open house. My husband gets two weeks paternity so will be here to help me get things ready and tbh I most likely wont do a lot of food unless my step mum offers (Which she might)
For me knowing how many people will want to see the baby and how I am very much a (Everything has to be perfect, house, and me) It's not something I want to drag out over weeks with all the different visitors so one big open day will work better for us.
We are now considering not telling anyone his name until this party either and getting it put on the cake and doing a sort of "reveal"
Will be nice to see peoples reactions :haha: My cake maker said she could prob get cake done in one week for us (she also did our wedding cake) so will prob host it the weekend after baby is born, if we don't feel up to it then be the following weekend :shrug:

Our friends had a lovely naming ceremony and their little girl had family friends to be "Fairy Godmothers". They each had a different set of promises and filled a glass bottle with a different coloured sand to represent their roles. xxx

I don't like showers so we'll be doing a meet n greet where gifts aren't expected-I think your idea is brilliant. I'd invite family and close friends to have one quick afternoon and then go back to hibernation with our little bear.

One of my friends or mom/sister will host and we'll just show up with baby in hand. I don't think too much about the germ argument, after all they're born in hospitals where germs are the most prolific. But that's just me. My girlfriends are all germaphobes to the point of being obsessive and I find it difficult to be around the paranoia.

Well, I'm different to most responses, I love the baby stage and would have been very able to arrange a party within my firsts first few weeks, and even with the twins. The only things difficult was recovery, has section with twins and difficult recovery from my first, bit it didn't stop me from doing anything.

I'd say play wit by ear, but I wouldn't rule it out, first babies can be a shock to the system, and some people have cholicy babies which are very hard.

All of mine have had guests several times to say within the first 6 weeks, and with my first we traveled 10 hours by car to Visit family, this one will be about the same.

Honestly play it by ear and see how it goes, order the cake if you want and then decide when baby is born if you can manage something like a party. There is also the idea of germs etc and everyone holding and touching your newborn which isn't ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->