Newborn stocking ideas

Missbb2591

Reaction score
So baby boy should be around 2/3 days old on Christmas Day so I’m not really getting him anything although we are wrapping his playgym so the girls don’t think Santa has forgot him but I do want to do him a small stocking but I’m stumped as to what to put it in it...any ideas?!

lamaze toys are nice gifts I don't know if you like them but that's an idea

With my boys for their first stockings (they were all different ages - 5 months, 8 months and nearly 1) I just went round the different pound shops and found bits to add to it. Ds1 had a few weaning bits and sippy cups in his as he was that age and we didn’t have any in but I’m guessing you’d have some bits already if you had older children

Bibs, socks, rattle, teether, whatever wash or bath stuff you use if you do, wash cloth, my first christmas keepsake

I second Lamaze toys. Doesn’t have to be things baby will use straight away (which at that age is nothing anyway lol)
How about Sophie the giraffe? Teething rings, Christmas themed bib and socks maybe, a rattle, cuddly toy. X

My DD was born the 21st and I wrapped her playmat too, didn't do a stocking but I can think of:

Lamaze toys
Teething aids
'My First Christmas' bib, hat etc
Booties
Teddy
Wrist/ankle rattles
Spoons for weaning
First Christmas bauble

My eldest was 3 months his first Christmas. I did him a stocking so the other children in the family didn't think he had been forgotten. I put dribble bibs, weaning stuff, new clothes, a few teething toys.

Aw, a teeny Christmas baby :cloud9:.
DD2 was 3 months old at Christmas, I filled her stocking with bits we'd need in the not too distant future- weaning bits and bibs, larger size dummies (which she ended up not using), wrist and feet rattles.
Also- clothing (a few sleepsuits in the next size up would bulk your DS's stocking out significantly), a cuddly toy, any toys you planned to get LO in the next few months.

I put a 'babys first christmas baubles in my LO last year. Not really a gift for her I suppose but a nice keepsake to put on the tree each year

I’ve got a few packs of these for him anyway. They are sooooo soft and I can’t wait to use them :cloud9:

I second getting a "baby's first" keepsake... those are priceless! I've bought one for each of my kids at Christmas time when they were babies. Also a baby's first stocking is a good idea to put everything in. A blankie can be used when baby is a bit older or a stuffed animal. Socks fit pretty good inside stockings. Maybe some books since they are never too young to read to them ;)

His stocking is a baby first Christmas one and I’ve ordered him a first Christmas bauble too :)

Thanks for all the ideas, I’ve ended up getting:

A first Christmas stocking
A first Christmas bauble
That’s not my fox book
That’s not my dinosaur book
Mini peter rabbit board book
Baby’s first Christmas book
A skip hop fox peak toy
A skip hop hedgehog toy
Pack of dummies
Two Christmas bibs

Users who are viewing this thread