Newborn weight and prenatal vitamins link?

MrsBaby2

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I can't seem to find a better place than this one.

It must be a total myth but has anyone else heard that mothers who take Pregnacare/or vitamins for the whole 9 months end up with heavy babies?

With my first pregnancy, I took Pregnacare conception for a month and as soon as I had that positive test I took Pregnacare with Omega 3. The baby was 8.9lb (4.04kg) born at 38 weeks. It was a total suprise as all the babies in our family were smaller than mine. Also none of my friends took Pregnacare and their babies were smaller. It must be a pure coincidence. What was your experience with Pregnacare or similar vitamins?

Thank you.

I took pregnacare all the way through and my daughter was only 6lb 7oz. I've taken it again this time and baby is estimated to be larger but they said that last time as well!

I took prenatals the whole way through and dd was born @ 7lbs 13oz. :)

I took vitamins for 7 months before and the whole pregnancy but my daughter was born 2.3kg (about 5lb 07oz, I think) @ 39 weeks. I'd say myth but I had a bad case of ms.

It sounds to me that there is a myth and I just been the exception in my family.

Pregnacare can give some ms symptoms. I has to take them before I go to bed

Complete myth. I took vitamins all the way through with DS1 and he was 6 lb 9. I didn't take them with DS2 for various reasons and he was 7 lb 3.

I took vitamins every day of my pregnancy and my boy was 5lb 7oz

It's a total myth. Interestingly though there was a study last year in Australia or NZ that found omega 3 during pregnancy didn't make any developmental differences as previous studies have found, but it did find that it prevented premature birth in those women who were susceptible to it so who had a previous premature baby with no obvious cause for it. Xx

I took a supermarkets own brand prenatals and DS was born 7lbs 10oz.

I took santanogen from a few months before ttc and LO was 8lb 12oz - biggest baby in the family for a while!

Ive never taken vitamins and mine weighed 8lb12,8lb10 and 10lb 5 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"