Newcomer in Toronto - help greatly appreciated

Lainie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just found out that I´m pregnant. I have also just moved to Toronto from Europe and I have no idea what to do next. So I would be really thankful of all the help I can get.

What should I do next? I don´t have an OBGYN in Canada. Should I just call one up or what.

I had an early mc in November (Blighted ovum), so I would like to have an early scan.

Is OHIP going to cover some of the costs or how does this all work and how much is this all going to cost us?

Hi Lainie,

I can recommend an excellent OBGYN in Toronto. She did my fibroid surgery and I absolutely love her. She would be my OBGYN if I lived closer. Her name is Dr. Grace Liu and she works out of Women's College Hospital (Sunnybrook).

As for OHIP, do you have an OHIP card? If so, then everything will be covered. If not, then you have to apply for one and I'm not sure how long it takes before you are covered.

if you got an ohip card you can go into any walk in clinic, they will confirm pregnancy and refer you to a gynocologist/obstitrician that will care for you and deliver baby.

that is the easiest way i can think off cause you need a referral to see an obgyn.

gl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"