• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next door took my name!

kealz

Reaction score
Our next door neighbours have just had a baby girl today. I'm delighted for them, of course, mum and baby are both healthy and it's great. :)

However, they've called her Sophie! I hadn't told them or anything, not that they shouldn't have used it if they did but... that was my name! I've just found out we're expecting baby number 2 and thought i had my girl's name sorted, hmmm...

Now I know that...
1) I have no rights to a name
2) Their baby came first
3) I can still call my baby Sophie
4) I'm being a brat :)

Still, i'm miffed! What I want to ask is 'How long do you think you're going to stay living in your house?' Lol!

Sophia and Sophie are extremely popular right now, but I get you might not want to name your baby that since there's someone next door with same name lol I'd be worried about how they would perceive it if you were to name your baby Sophie now that there's has come first (but this is my own personal hang up because I'm absolutely insane). It does seem like a lot of people feel like they do have rights to a name. If you still love it, I'd use it. Maybe look into other names and see if anything else feels right?

Thanks hun, I know i'm being daft but I must couldn't help having a little grumble. It's not a family name/deceased relative/always longed for name, just one we both really like. We won't choose it now - I like Rosie too (another popular choice!). Although, does it go with our middle name Lilian?

Bet after all my name moaning we have a boy, lol! :D

Thanks hun, I know i'm being daft but I must couldn't help having a little grumble. It's not a family name/deceased relative/always longed for name, just one we both really like. We won't choose it now - I like Rosie too (another popular choice!). Although, does it go with our middle name Lilian?

It's flows, but I really like the flow of Rosalie Lily (I'm a huuuuge fan of Rosalie, but I have a pesky husband to deal with!)

:lol: If I had a girl, Sophie and Sophia were my top picks. I love those names! I wish they weren't so popular though. :( My mom ended up giving my little sister Sophia as a middle name. :lol:

It's flows, but I really like the flow of Rosalie Lily (I'm a huuuuge fan of Rosalie, but I have a pesky husband to deal with!)

Lol, dh has an aunt called Rosalie. :)

Oh, I think Rosie goes nice with your middle name! :)

My friend (who lives just up the road) had a baby called Alfie. I was livid (even though she didn't know I wanted to use that name and had done for years! :haha:) but thankfully my baby was a girl!! It's very annoying though!

Thanks hun! I keep saying it over to myself. :)

If you guys really love Sophie, just do it.

Although, I also like Rosalie Lilian or even Rosalyn Lily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->