Next step for baby that is milk/soy intolerant?

There's a lot of myths around the suitability of goat's milk for those with intolerances or allergies to cows' milk and sadly some medical professionals buy into these. Research has shown that the majority of those who are allergic to the protein in cows' milk or intolerant to the lactose will have the same problem with goats' milk and in some cases the reaction to goats' milk can be even more severe xx

Yeah I agree, I'd be careful with goats milk too.
OH told me his friends kid has allergy to cows milk and drinks goats milk fine so I tried it on my son and he reacted the exact same way he would react to cows milk x

my los lactose intollorent so cant have goats milk anyway Im going to see how she reacts with new milk and if doesent work see if I can find somewhere that does coconut milk

had been thinking of writing this myself! lo is one in 5 weeks and I want to start cutting down her bf's as she still feeds a lot and its getting wearing.

I was thinking of alternating and giving some coconut milk, some oat and some almond! any advice on how to intro it tho! do I just start giving her a cup of milk with a meal/snack and increase from there?

my los lactose intollorent so cant have goats milk anyway Im going to see how she reacts with new milk and if doesent work see if I can find somewhere that does coconut milk

Most stores do coconut milk, there in the life long milk section x

I went to our local today and it is a bit limited, when health food shop is open I imagine they will have it

There's a lot of myths around the suitability of goat's milk for those with intolerances or allergies to cows' milk and sadly some medical professionals buy into these. Research has shown that the majority of those who are allergic to the protein in cows' milk or intolerant to the lactose will have the same problem with goats' milk and in some cases the reaction to goats' milk can be even more severe xx

Yeah I agree, I'd be careful with goats milk too.
OH told me his friends kid has allergy to cows milk and drinks goats milk fine so I tried it on my son and he reacted the exact same way he would react to cows milk x

What happens is a lot of people think their child has an allergy to cows' milk when they don't, then when they seem ok with the goats' milk (or Sheeps' milk or raw cows' milk) they then think these other types if milk were the solution. In reality their baby or child was probably reacting to something else in their diet other than milk to start with. My second youngest came out in terrible eczema from goats' milk, so bad it caused scars. He gets itchy from cows' milk but nowhere near that bad xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->