Next steps & some helpful hints from me so far

smurfy

Reaction score
Hi All

Me and my husband have been trying on and off for about 1.5 years, he was pretty sick for about 6 months of this time so maybe not that long. The other problem due to his sickness and then losing his job our stress levels were pretty high so my cycle varied between 31-37 days so also meant it was hard to pin point ovulation.

Any way I have had my blood test done and it looks fine, plus I had a scan because of the ovulation pain about a year ago and he was happy with what he saw. So next is for my husband to have a sperm test which he is doing in over a week and if all fine we will have other tests, i think one of them will be to check my tubes are not blocked etc. I did have an 8 weeks pregnancy about 9 years ago so he doesnt think that is like to have changed.

Any way my gut feeling is that we just need some help now, for those of you who have private health care in the UK I thought I would mention that the tests to see if you are fertlie/infertlie are covered under most of the schemes, they just wont cover IVF/IUI. As soon as I have the GP's nod I plan to go private last time when I had the scan i was seen within 2 days, so thought I would share this will you incase any one in the same boat. Any one in the same boat at the moment in the UK? had your tests and how long did it take?

I have started accuputure a month ago and I had my first 28 day cycle in 2 years :) my cycle appeared to be very text book which is good. What also helped was not drinking at all, no caffeine and reducing my stress levels at work - my mental approach has helped but i think also the accupture has too.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->