Next ultrasound on Monday, and another GD test. Sigh.

N

Nerdy

So even though I passed my GD test with flying colors, I'm being forced to endure another one at the behest of the doctor who seems to feel that I could magically go diabetic at any time because I'm, admittedly, overweight and produce big babies. I was tested twice during my last pregnancy by a different OB and was NOT diabetic. However. Since then my younger sister was diagnosed with GD that went on to become full blown diabetes and my mother has diabetes as well. Neither one of them are overweight. I'm confident that this is all for nothing.

That being said... Next ultrasound is on Monday to see what little man is doing in there. Next OB appointment after that is Jan 7th... Pretty sure they'll start talking about scheduling C-Section dates then as they had me pre-reg up at the hospital and even they kept asking if we'd already scheduled which seemed... Odd. I guess things are a bit different when there's no hope of a vaginal birth? Had a C last pregnancy due to him being positively massive at 10lbs 3oz and coming out with a head as large as an adult Clydesdale's knee.

I've had the same issues with this pregnancy. I've had two gd tests and I'm about to have my third ultrasound. My last baby was only 9 lb 2 oz but they are acting like he was abnormally massive. I am also overweight, and they are saying that's why I'm making big babies. Um, I'm 6 ft tall and my husband is 6'4" pretty sure they're going to be big!

Last appointment my doctor offered me a sweep even though I'm gbs + and everything I've heard before was that it wasn't safe for baby. She also mentioned csec and induction. It feels a bit over dramatic on my side if you asked me.

It is dramatic and ridiculous.

Baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and some change all across the board. Estimated fetal weight is 3lbs 2oz. He's perfect beyond compare with all of his stuff, just large.

My first OB hit it on the head with some people just creating big babies. I was a 9lbs+ baby myself. These doctors need to chill out.

I think sometimes Dr's just freak out. My son was 10lb 7 ounces delivered naturally with help from forceps. Unless this baby measures much bigger *I will have growth scans again like last time * then there won't be talk of any c section. I will be pushing to be induced on my due date though If i don't go naturally beforehand, my son was 6 days late.

Oh they have me booked for ANOTHER U/S in 4 weeks and then moving to monitor 1x a week until my c-section. Straight insanity. I don't mind seeing him more, but it's wear and tear on the truck and gas tank at this point.

If you're scheduled for a c section why bother with so many scans? If I were you I wouldn't go to the next one, definitely seems like a waste of time/gas etc.

If you're scheduled for a c section why bother with so many scans? If I were you I wouldn't go to the next one, definitely seems like a waste of time/gas etc.

Y'know... I said something like that to them and they got all bent out of shape about me not wanting to follow their prescribed line of monitoring and treatment etc. To me it makes NO sense. We're having a C-Section. He's big. Fluid is fine. I'm going to sweetly ask them why it's such a big deal the next time we're in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->