NHS dentists... a rant.

F

FemmeEnceinte

OK so, I have a crumbing wisdom tooth which is apparently quite common but it's exposed a nerve and I'm in massive amounts of pain and painkillers barely touch it. The dentist referred me 3 weeks ago to the local hospital for an extraction because it's crumbling and it needs to be extracted under sedation, but I have to wait until Feb 12th for even an initial consultation.

I called the hospital yesterday saying it just wasn't good enough, I have a 7 week old baby and I barely get enough sleep with her and it's a million times worse battling through the pain when I finally get a few hours to nap. The secretary was really nice, looked into it and I've apparently been referred to the wrong dental surgeon so she tried to sort it out... to no avail. I also can't get an appointment any sooner so I apparently just have to hope that an appointment comes up/somebody cancels and that this surgeon will do the extraction... if not, it's going to be another month or more going through another referral.

So, I give up. I'm going private. The pain is so bad that it extends to all of my teeth, my neck and I have a constant headache. I feel like I'm not giving 100% to Molly because I'm just so miserable with the pain.

I feel forced into this, it's going to cost £400+ and if I didn't have savings, I'd be sticking it on a credit card because I'm just so desperate. I'm sickened that I'm being left like this. I can't think of any other NHS service that would knowingly leave somebody in hideous pain.

:(

Thats awful hun, £400 for an extraction ouch! its prob cause you need sedation and an oral surgeon to do it thats its taking such a long time but its still shocking :nope:

Poor you. That is shocking. I had numerous problems with NHS dentists too.

Fingers crossed that it'll be much quicker having it done privately, and you'll be painfree soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->