Nhs scan help

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently moved 4hrs away from my old care providor. At my last hospital the 20week scan was done at 18-22 weeks. I had mine at 22weeks with #3.

Now, because of a delay with the move I have only just seen MW here. She booked my scan but the hospital called this AM and said I am out the window guidelines for all the checks (scan booked monday so 21+1)? I am miffed by this. She said their charts and systems wont work with a later date. Is this correct? I dont even know if I can go Monday due to child care. So could possibly be end of week even?

Help!?

I would've thought they'd still be able to check for abnormalities. I think my hospital like to get them in between 18-21 weeks.
What have they suggested as a solution?

I know they prefer the scan to be performed between 18-21 weeks but There's lots of ladies on here who don't have their 20 week scans till 23 weeks, with my dd I was 22. Maybe the charts they use are specific to the hospital but seems unusual as they are usually standard NHS checks. It could just be hospital policy though, try phoning again is my advice, sometimes you it can depend who you speak to.

Thanks. Il just call again and see what they say. She said they can look but the charts may not work? X

I've just looked at my mat notes and it says they offer the abnormality scan to ladies between 18+1 and 20+6.

But with my daughter, I had a scan at 19 weeks then returned around 21 weeks as they couldn't get close ups of her heart during the initial scan, so they must be able to do checks after 21 weeks x

That sounds dumb! I'm not from the UK but I was a day shy of 22 weeks last time and they could see everything perfectly.

I was 23.5 weeks this time.
Felt for forever to wait
I rang to see if could be seen earlier
They said was the perfect time
I'm going in Tues for repeat cos they couldn't see everything
I'll be 25.5

I'm in the U.S. and I had one at 19 weeks... but then had to come back at 23 weeks because there were things they couldn't see. Since the upper limit is 20w6d, and you'll only be 2 days beyond that, I'm not sure why they are making such a big fuss. Chances are that baby won't even be measuring spot on for his/her dates anyway.

I had mine at 22 weeks, they checked everything, didn't say it would be a problem?!!

I'm in the U.S. and I had one at 19 weeks... but then had to come back at 23 weeks because there were things they couldn't see. Since the upper limit is 20w6d, and you'll only be 2 days beyond that, I'm not sure why they are making such a big fuss. Chances are that baby won't even be measuring spot on for his/her dates anyway.

We had a private scan that put me back 2 days behibd nhs dates too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"