Nhs UK - 12 week scan

Hiya sent you a pm x

My scan is on monday :D where are you all having your babies in scotland? x

Im having mine in Larbert (new Forth Valley hospital). Its about 45 mins away from where I live but they have shut down the maternity unit in Stirling. x

Im in Scotland too. I got my letter last Tuesday and scan is a week Thursday (24th) when Ill be 12+2.

Lors, Yay! Thats the same day as me. x

I know I was just about to PM you with that! LOL :) Am super excited! :happydance: Will be the longest week ever now! xx

Im in Scotland too. I got my letter last Tuesday and scan is a week Thursday (24th) when Ill be 12+2.

I know I was just about to PM you with that! LOL :) Am super excited! :happydance: Will be the longest week ever now! xx

I know. Im trying to keep my mind off it! What times yours at? Mines is at 9am. Ugggg. I dont get up until at least 10.30 these days. God knows how Ill be able to get up, have breakfast, drink 2 litres of fluid and do a 35 minute drive to get there by 9am. :dohh:

p.s Congrats on becoming a lime today!! xx

I would advise you to give them a call too, say you're going away for a few days and need to know when to book it :thumbup:

I have just done the exact same thing and the lady made me an appt over the phone, a week tomorrow at 11am YAY!! :happydance::happydance:

I will be 12 + 2 according to my LMP and midwife dates but I know my ticker is closer to the mark so I'll be 10+5.

XXX

ok so just rang the hospital again and this time they told me when my appointment is. NEXT WEDNESDAY 23rd at 3:10 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Hey

Ive been told I'll receive a letter in the post between 11 - 14 weeks pregnant with the date of my 12 week scan on it! I know im only 11 weeks 2moro so the postman waiting can begin!!!!

Just wondered when everyone else got theirs if they had letters coming?? If you dont mind sharing!

I'm in Scotland if it's diff up here lol

hi not everywhere they sending letters i lived in surrey and they not sending there now im in kent pregnant again and they sending here wait til the end of the week and call 'em if u not receive one.

I know. Im trying to keep my mind off it! What times yours at? Mines is at 9am. Ugggg. I dont get up until at least 10.30 these days. God knows how Ill be able to get up, have breakfast, drink 2 litres of fluid and do a 35 minute drive to get there by 9am. :dohh:

p.s Congrats on becoming a lime today!! xx

Thanks! Its a bit weird to think you have something the size of a lime in you - though at least it is now getting to a reasonable sixe that putting weight on isny such a drama! LOL!!
Mine is at 10am, I start work at 8.30 so am always up about 6.45 anyway, so will probably just pop out from work for the appointment - its only about 20 mins to the hospital from my work (depending on the horrendous traffic we have here - but it should be good at that time) The hospital is a stone's throw from my house too for when the time comes! I will just have to remember and try to drink plenty between getting up and going for my appointment! :) xxx

ok so just rang the hospital again and this time they told me when my appointment is. NEXT WEDNESDAY 23rd at 3:10 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Awesome news!! :)

It must depend on the area you're in because I recieved my scan appointment letter about a week ago. I'm in Edinburgh.

My scan isn't until 16th December though so I have ages to wait :wacko:

Can you choose the time of your scan in the uk, me and my Husband run our own business and are short staffed at the minute I really want him at my scans so was wondering if they do late afternoon appointments close to
5pm?

I don't think they do late ones as they tend to require you to allocate two hours (at least in London) for the appointment. I got my scan date through at 6/7 weeks (9/10 weeks on my LMP and two weeks after my initial GP appt). I requested an early dating scan as I knew this was wrong. Once that scan confirmed what I already knew, I called the hospital to say that my dates were wrong and that I would only be 9 weeks at my scan date. They changed the appointment over the phone and I was given two options for timings on the same date - both in the middle of the day.

My scan letter said that I was only able to change my appointment date once for exceptional reasons (I'm assuming holiday, funerals etc.). It may be that my hospital is very busy so they can't be as flexible as some smaller hospitals.

My appointment is in two weeks at 12+2. Hoping that as they're a lot of ladies having theirs on 12+2 that this might be lucky! :)

I'm scotland too. I booked my appt 3 weeks ago and they gave me the scan date on the phone at the same time. 20th Dec xx

Woohoo I'm Aberdeen too :) bump buddies??

I'm so excited to phone 2moro, I hope I get my date over the phone lol anyone know who i phone? Or got number thanks!! X

Woohoo I'm Aberdeen too :) bump buddies??

I'm so excited to phone 2moro, I hope I get my date over the phone lol anyone know who i phone? Or got number thanks!! X

I phoned the women and children unit of the hospital and got mine. x

Thanks I'll try that! Been googling so got a few numbers to try x

YAY!!! phoned this morning and my appointment is booking in for next thursday!!! Thanks so much for the info on calling im such a happy girl today lol x

I had to ring the u/s dept myself as got to 8 weeks and hadnt heard anything and was getting impatient! Good job i did as there was something wrong with the referral and the GP had to re refer me! Got the date that day after i chased them up again to make sure they had got the fax from the GP. You cant get a service in this country these days. Lost count of the times ive had to chase things up myself and push for people to just do their jobs! Anyway, scan date is next weds. First midwife appt is 2moro!

Wooohooo Mrs Wooolf you are in Aberdeen too AMAZING. I was gonna just post the number that i rang yesterday but saw that you already called them. Fantastic news on your appointment. Mine is the day before yours, pitty or we could've said hi, hey but you never know we may end up in the same antenatal classes.

So Aberdeen girlies when are your EDD??? I know they will prob change after our scans but right now im 4th June :happydance:

YAY!!! phoned this morning and my appointment is booking in for next thursday!!! Thanks so much for the info on calling im such a happy girl today lol x

Yay! Thats the same day as me and Lors!! x

ACE! im too excited for it, keep txting my partner about it haha

Is anyone having the NT scan this scan?? Ive opted to go for it, but just wondered when you get the results from it? Is it there and then?

x

Im oing to have the NT scan too and since my scan is the day before i will let you know all the details after i have my scan cause right now i have no idea.

Actually i have a midwife appointment in just over an hour so may just ask her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->