NI & Scotland NHS Maternity Pay

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I wasnt sure firstly where to post this so thought this section was the most appropriate, and secondly, whether it had already been posted, but I couldnt see it, so thought I'd let you know anyway.

I have come across the following online, which basically says that a landmark case was won and women working for NHS in Scotland and NI (and potentially other trusts to follow) are now entitled to accrue whatever bank holidays that fall whilst they are on maternity leave (they can be added to your annual leave and taken when you return).

Furthermore, if you are in Scotland and have taken maternity leave from 2008, you are entitled to either have them backdated or back paid (I think).

I'm hoping something similar can be introduced in NI and the other trusts, but without having this information, it cannot be pursued further.

NHS employees in Scotland and Northern Ireland

As a result of cases brought by CSP and UNISON, NHS employees in Scotland and Northern Ireland are entitled to accrue Bank Holidays as well as annual leave during maternity leave so that they can take their public holidays once they return to work, see www.csp.org.uk/news/2015/08/03/csp-...ve-case?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter.

In Scotland, NHS employees who have taken maternity leave since 2008 are entitled to backdated annual leave, see www.unison-scotland.org.uk/news/2013/mayjun/0606b.htm

This was taken from:

https://www.maternityaction.org.uk/...during-maternity-leave-and-on-return-to-work/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->