• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Niamh Ella Lockwood finally makes an arrival!

Mrs L

Reaction score
Hi all

Finally found some time to write up a birth story.

30th June i went to hospital to get induced at 10 days over. At 2pm i was assessed and given a tablet to start things going sat with not much happening and then at 10pm was reassessed and was 1cm dilated so was given another tablet to try and move things along.

2am i couldn't sleep with the pain so had a hot bath and at 3am was given some pethadene to try and get some sleep. Kinda worked but very uncomfy all night.

9:30 am on 1st July doctor examined me and i was 3 cm dilated so they broke my waters and moved me to my own room and put me on a drip to start my contractions. They started coming about every 5mins and i managed with gas and air until 1pm.

At 1pm i was examined and was 4cm and contractions were every 3 mins. I was still coping well with gas and air apart from talking a load of rubbish and giggling like a chimp :rofl:

At 3pm i started to feel contractions every 30 seconds and really wanted to push the pain became inbearable so quickly so i asked for an epidural (not what i orginally wanted!) I was given the epidural and at 3:30pm was still feeling pain down one side i was examined and was 10cm!! I couldn't believe how quickly things changed!

4pm i started pushing but to no avail she wouldn't budge! 5pm the doctor was called as baby started to show signs of distress. After another hour of pushing the decision was made to try a forceps delivery as she was at the wrong angle and stuck.

I was cut to assist with the delivery and at 6:29pm Niamh Ella Lockwood was born weighing a healthy 8lb 5oz with the umbilical cord in her hand (hence looking distress little monkey!)

As i was giving her a first cuddle i was told i would have to be taken to theatre as not only did the cut have to be stiched but that i had a 3rd degree tear and two 2nd degree tears.

So quite an horrific birth and i hope it doesn't put anyone off as the midwifes have all said it was very much the extreme side to a delivery and not normal!

We are both safe and well at home mum just quite sore downstairs with 120 stiches but she is so worth it and i love being mummy to my little angel.

Attachments

• 2040.jpg
    2040.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 91
wow! what a birth story ....you did a wonderful job :)
congratulations!

Congratulations! He's adorable!

she's lovely, congratulations x

120 stitches !? You star!! lol

Congrats on your little bundle xx

one hundred and twenty stitches??

oh my gosh!

Congrats super mom!

Cogratulations on your baby girl, we like the name Niamh.

But ouch, ouch, ouch on the stitches front!! You are very brave.

OMG 120 stitches?! You are amazing and your little girl is gorgeous

Aww congratulations sweetie, she's just so adorable...xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"