Nickname or longer full name for laila/layla?

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
DH really likes the name Laila (pronounced Layla)

I kinda like it, but feel like it is a nickname - my own real name can't be made into a nickname (people struggle to find one) and I know how annoying it is not to have a nickname like everyone else.

So, I am either looking for a longer name for Laila (something like Hayley, but not that particular name because I'm not keen on it), or a short nickname. The only shorter ones I can think of are Laylay and Lila, neither of which I'm keen on either.

Basically looking for any ideas or suggestions. I myself really want Penelope, but DH cannot bring himself to love it, even if I say he can call her Laila for short (I guess that's not really short for Penelope though :p)

true nicknames have nothing to do with a persons name really, most people i know with nicknames the name is random otherwise its just a shorthand version of the name

what about Alayne?

or

Adelaide
Elaina
Blaine
Madelaine
Lainey

Laila is such a pretty name. It's interesting that you always wanted a nick name yet some people like myself wished my name couldn't be shortened. :)
If you did stick with Laila you could always call her "L" for short. Like the name Elle.

Leilah is on my list of favorites for sure! I also have names that could potentially have the nickname Leilah/Layla such as:

Makayla
Keilani (k-lon-ee)
Deserai

Nicknames for Layla
Lily
Lai/Lay
Lala
Lulu
Lee

there's also Laylonie/Leilonie (pronounced ley-lon-ie)

or

Leionie (ley-o-ney)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"