niece gave my son ice pop!!! I'm sooo angry!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wine!!!! thats awful!

im so careful when it comes to my LO - hes the most precious person in my whole world and in future I will be telling everyone how I feel so this doesnt happen again!!!

Good idea! :thumbup:

And if anyone does something like this after you have told them how you feel about it, then you have all the right in the world to tear them a new one!

wine!!!! thats awful!

im so careful when it comes to my LO - hes the most precious person in my whole world and in future I will be telling everyone how I feel so this doesnt happen again!!!

yeh i know :( its not like she didnt know how i felt about these things either because she went to do it as a joke and i said i didnt find it funny ect ect... and when she thought i wasnt looking did it anyway!! needless to say i went off on one

im not surprised!!!

I think when it comes to LO's well being its mums way or the highway!!

To be honest, it sounds like a slight overreaction. It's not like she was giving him alcohol or anythnig. Isaac has always loved having a little taste of ice pop.

I think you are being harsh. I can understand and I would feel upset too, but at 15 she is unlikely to understand the ins and outs of weaning and witholding sugary things etc. She was doing you a favour watching him while you got on with stuff and I'd apologise to her for yelling. I can totally understand you being upset but I do feel sad for your niece.

i can be very controlling when it comes to my children too. even though you did over react, the feeling is still there and it is hard to shake it. i bet she will never do it again! my oh is amazing and really does no wrong at all. (hard to believe i know!!) the other day i sent him out with specific instructions on returning something and doing this and that. he went and did everything allllllll backwards and messed up. i was so pissed and couldn't shut up about it. finally had to talk myself down. probably hormones helped it but i was so aggravated because it was pretty important with paying our bills and stuff. now i know it is not on the same level as someone doing something with your little one. just wanted you to know, i know how it feels. it's gonna be okay. at least it wasn't a chip or something. i read something about a mil giving a lo a chip to suck on. it was just a little sweet liquid. they even give some babies sugar water when they are born. it will be ok. and i am sure she is sorry.
:hugs:

Agh don't beat yourself up. We can all go a little over the top in our efforts to protect and do the very best for our lo's. It shows you're a great mum. You might have a bit of apologising/boundary establishing to do if you want your niece to look after lo in the future :)

I'm of the school of thought that a tiny bit of everything is fine (drawing the line at salt and fastfood obviously!) but a little flavoured ice won't have done any harm so don't worry one bit.

:hugs:

It is very easy to overeact when it comes to your baby :hugs: I would definitely explain to your niece that you're sorry you yelled and it was just a knee-jerk reaction. I would not be happy at all for my child to be given an ice pop (I don't give little tastes of things!) but in all honestly it won't harm him.

i have had this happen with my sister in law...giving my at the time 4 month old daughter wine!!! i was so angry and i havent spoke to her in 2 years!!

WTF!!! What a pathetic excuse for an aunt she is!!! WHY would anyone do that!!!!

thanks.

hes my first so im probably gona react this way about many things. lol

just annoyed me - i know how much crap and E numbers are in those things!

my mum dipped her finger in hot choc with whipped cream and put it in aidens gob yesterday i was like errr not sure thats a good idea and she was like .... listen it wont hurt him - he loved it.. no suprise eh but i wont be doin it again for a while lol x

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation?
My 15 year old niece was watching my 19 week old son and she had an ice pop.

I was in the kitchen doing batches of purees.

She came in laughing and said that my LO had tried to grab the ice pop so she gave him some and he frowned!!!

I was absolutely livid and told her so, then I went upstairs with LO and cried my eyes out.

Am I overreacting?
I always prided myself on the fact that I would not allow anything 'bad' in my LO's diet and now I feel that this has been taken away from me.

I am very annoyed and upset and do not know how to react towards my niece now.

Any advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back