Night feeds advice needed

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello

Just wondered what other people's premmie babies do about night time feeds. Sophie is now nearly 21 weeks actual, 8 weeks corrected and for the first few weeks home was waking up around 3.30am for a feed (after feeding around 10.30-11.30ish). Then she started going to 5am, sometimes 5.30 and the other night she fed at 10.30 and hadn't woken up at 6. The health visitor said not to let her go longer than 6 hours at night between feeds so I was quite worried when I realised she was still sleeping! I woke her and fed her but then I was just curious as to whether not letting her go longer than 6 hours was just a premmie thing or whether it's any baby? Lots of facebook friends' babies born around May-June seem to be going till 8am from their evening feed. Just wondered really whether it's ok to let her sleep on if she's sleeping or if I should be waking her to feed her.

Thank you :)

Hey honey

Whats Sophie weighing now? TBH my health visitor said just let her do it after a while - prob now if comparing to alexs journey? Alex just got later and later waking up and at first i was nervous but it was fine!

with my son i used to wake him to feed him at first but then i found that if i let him sleep then he would wake when he was hungry... my son was sleeping from 8pm-8am at 8 weeks, but he would have only been roughly 1 week old if he has been born on his due date....

not sure if this will help.

I stopped setting my alarm to wake up and feed her after 6 weeks corrected as some babies start sleeping through then. Although it's not made any difference she still wants fed throughout the night with the exception of a couple of times she has slept until 6-7!

I was told no longer than 5 hours...
But Anna will sleep longer than that and if she is sound asleep I will leave her a bit longer as I know she Never goes any more than 4.5 hours in the day sometimes only 2-3 hours and she is puting weight on well.

I would be tempted to let her sleep as long as she wants in the night and just keep an eye she still putting weight on ok.

Dean would have been 4wks adjusted and 14wks actual and was sleeping 8-9hrs he was close to 9lbs so i didnt worry too much. he just nursed more during the day he still eats every two hours but has since stopped sleeping thru the night - maybe teething now

Hey honey

Whats Sophie weighing now? TBH my health visitor said just let her do it after a while - prob now if comparing to alexs journey? Alex just got later and later waking up and at first i was nervous but it was fine!

Hi :) Sophie was 8lb 7 last Tuesday and not due to be weighed again till Tuesday coming but she's been putting on about 6-8oz a week so I would think she will be around 9lb soon.

xx

Katy, if it was me, I'd leave her to it ;) See what she can do in the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->