Night Terrors?

Steph32

Reaction score
Hi... I posted this in the preschoolers thread, but figured I might get some responses from moms here...

Anyone else dealing with their child having night terrors? This has been going on for about a few weeks with my 4 year old, it seemed to start when he got sick with a fever/sore throat... and I thought it was just him not sleeping well because he was uncomfortable, but now he just continues to wake up at the same time every night (1-2 hours after going to sleep), sitting up in bed and just crying and screaming, inconsolably. After going in there the first night and trying to talk to him, I learned my lesson and just let it happen as he falls back asleep within 10-15 minutes.

The strange thing is that he also complains of a sore throat ("mouth hurts") occasionally, sometimes when he is eating he will swallow and say "Ow!" And when he wakes up at night screaming, seems like his throat is bothering him. But when he wakes up, he's fine... no fever, good mood, doesn't remember anything... a little bit tired at moments during the day but that's it. He doesn't often complain about his throat, it comes and goes, which is confusing. I've tried to look down his throat, and although I'm not a doctor or anything, I don't see any redness or inflammation. We will be taking him to the pediatrician soon but was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with anything like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->