night times ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
was just wondering about your night times with your newborns...

how often do they wake at night ? any certain times/patterns ?

how long are they a wake for ?

do you just feed and change them then there off to sleep ?

or can you be awake with them for ages with them crying ?

my baby seems to be a bit of a pain at night but i think its mainly due to alot of wind but he can be awake for ages sometimes and doesnt sleep for long:hissy:

Both my children were waking up for feeds 3 times a night when they were newborn..and my second had terrible wind so would be up for ages and hard to settle...
I used infacol and that helps loads.
Now tom is 11 months and is only just starting to sleep through. My daughter is 3 next month and she only started sleeping through properly when she was 2.
All babies are different :)

Mia has an established pattern and she wakes up anywhere from 5-7 am (goes to bed around 10/11). When she "wakes up" she is still very sleepy and the first thing I do is change her diaper while I warm up her food. She eats, burps and goes back to bed straight away until 9-10 am. And she never cries during this too.

The trick to successful return to bed is to be careful not to provide ANY stimulus to your baby. That means that you should keep the lights very dim, don't talk or tickle your baby, so he/she learns that this is the time for sleeping not playing.

It has worked like a charm for me.

Both my children were waking up for feeds 3 times a night when they were newborn..and my second had terrible wind so would be up for ages and hard to settle...
I used infacol and that helps loads.
Now tom is 11 months and is only just starting to sleep through. My daughter is 3 next month and she only started sleeping through properly when she was 2.
All babies are different :)

ive been using infacol too but not finding it helps someone mentioned some colic drops maybe id be better off with them xx

Mia has an established pattern and she wakes up anywhere from 5-7 am (goes to bed around 10/11). When she "wakes up" she is still very sleepy and the first thing I do is change her diaper while I warm up her food. She eats, burps and goes back to bed straight away until 9-10 am. And she never cries during this too.

The trick to successful return to bed is to be careful not to provide ANY stimulus to your baby. That means that you should keep the lights very dim, don't talk or tickle your baby, so he/she learns that this is the time for sleeping not playing.

It has worked like a charm for me.

thats brill aqua, i never talk to him at night and allways just have the lamp on i seem to try everything but i think its the wind which keeps him up and he gets really frustrated with it :hissy:

This little guy refuses to go to bed until late night and sometimes he will sleep for 4 hours and sometimes he will sleep for only 2. Hopefully he gets into a pattern before I go back to work. I don't change at night unless he poops because I don't want to wake him up more.

its so tiering isnt it lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->