Nightmare month ttc, bad lube!!

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
I'm so upset I think we're going to have to miss my fertile window this month :(

So we've basically used some lube from the bathroom cabinet as we'd run out of pre seed, (not in my fertile window yet so wasn't worried about sperm friendly lube) that was probably about 2 years old!!! I didn't realize until I showed dh.It stung and burnt me when I put it in, I just thought I was feeling a bit sensitive from dtd the night before. Dh text me from work in the morning saying he is really sore, has a rash and said it was sore straight after dtd. The weird thing is I'm also not sure if I've now got thrush too, after reading all the ingredients all of them are really bad and a couple of them can cause thrush. So I've been to the pharmacy and spoken to someone who has given us both cream to use for 3 days, dh may take longer to clear.

Urghh basically it's all such a disaster!! I can feel I'm getting close to Oing and dh doesn't think he'll be ok by then, and I still have another night to use the cream and even then surely all the cream left over up near my cervix etc is going to kill any swimmers anyway!!

That lube is in the bin, and I'm now cursing myself for running out of pre seed. I really don't want to miss a month but it's looking likely.

That really is a nightmare. That would be a nightmare even if you weren't TTC. Makes me want to run home from work and check the dates on the lubes we have sitting around. I'm hoping you both feel better soon!

Oh geeze that sounds terrible!

As much as it stinks missing a month it's better than spreading it back and forth to each other or making it worse.

I hope you both feel better soon!

Thanks karoolia and cheshireducky, hope it gets better soon too.

Just checked the expiry date and it was May 2016 so it's a year out of date :( that will teach me!!

Blimey. I used an out of date lube a few years ago. It stung too actually, but because I usually seem to sting a little using literally any lube (all of them do it for me, sperm friendly or otherwise) I didn't think anything of it. It didn't result in anything like you have experienced though, but this will certainly make me make sure I don't use out of date lube in the future! I hope you are both ok soon

Yeh I hope everyone reads it and keeps an eye on the expiry dates!!

We're both on the mend, dhs rash is starting to disappear. Still gutted as I was getting some really good ewcm yesterday and the day before :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->